What did you do to your Trike this week?

My left side cowl has two broken tabs, which a shop which I will not mention broke and said it was like that..No it wasn't, but couldn't prove it.

They hold screw clips #23. Has anyone ever repaired these tabs using epoxy glue?

If you have, please contact me, so I may learn your secret!

Thanks,

Rosy

Shot in the dark here, I've repaired broken plastic parts by straightening a paper clip and cutting it into small lengths Drilling into both parts,[I have jewelers drill bits] and sink the paper clip pieces into the drilled hole ...Sough'a like rebar into cement , Then J-B Weld the seam...

I hope i explained it right?

You did explain correctly, BUT, getting to the broken tabs is very difficult, the whole top of the GL 1800 has to come off.

I explained my delema to my shop and they said they were going to use epoxy and try to fix them, when they replace the air cleaner, which as you know, on the GL 1800, the whole top of the bike has to come off. I was going to attemp to do it till I watched the YouTube video and saw how difficult it was going to be. I'll pay $174 to have it done. At my age, and memory, I would have to have an iPad next to me and keep replaying the video from start to finish, maybe, and I say maybe, then I could get it correctly! LOL

I suppose it isn't like going to the cellar and forgetting what I can down to get, because I would not be going by any door jams to steal your memory, and that's my story and I am sticking to it!

Thanks for the info..

Rosy

You did explain correctly, BUT, getting to the broken tabs is very difficult, the whole top of the GL 1800 has to come off.

I explained my delema to my shop and they said they were going to use epoxy and try to fix them, when they replace the air cleaner, which as you know, on the GL 1800, the whole top of the bike has to come off. I was going to attemp to do it till I watched the YouTube video and saw how difficult it was going to be. I'll pay $174 to have it done. At my age, and memory, I would have to have an iPad next to me and keep replaying the video from start to finish, maybe, and I say maybe, then I could get it correctly! LOL

I suppose it isn't like going to the cellar and forgetting what I can down to get, because I would not be going by any door jams to steal your memory, and that's my story and I am sticking to it!

Thanks for the info..

Rosy

Going down to the cellar and then forgetting why you went down there,...Isn't a problem ....Its when you go down there and not being able to find your way out, Well then you might have a problem...:xzqxz:

Today I was blessed to be able to give a 5 year old boy a ride. He is in the "Make a Wish" program due to life threatening health concerns. He had put on his list that he would like a ride on a motorcycle. He didn't seem to care at all that it was a Trike and not a motorcycle.

I applied a new polish product advertised on Face Book called "Top Coat F11". I'm very impressed with it even though the "infomercial" video on the web site applied the product in a way not recommended by the directions on the bottle.

I installed the new Radio update.

I installed the new "Dealer Locations" update for the NAV.

Today I was blessed to be able to give a 5 year old boy a ride. He is in the "Make a Wish" program due to life threatening health concerns. He had put on his list that he would like a ride on a motorcycle. He didn't seem to care at all that it was a Trike and not a motorcycle.

I applied a new polish product advertised on Face Book called "Top Coat F11". I'm very impressed with it even though the "infomercial" video on the web site applied the product in a way not recommended by the directions on the bottle.

I installed the new Radio update.

I installed the new "Dealer Locations" update for the NAV.

Brian, that is awesome you were able help that little guys wish come true!!! :goodjob::10:

Broken Tabs

Well, the shop had no way to fix the broken tabs to secure the lower cowl. So, we took matters into our own hands and after 5.5 hours we got it done, with our Air Wings back on and secured.

Yankee injunuaty prevaled...Or as the rest of the world would say, jury-rigged it! LOL

I would not been able to do it, if it wasn't for Janice's small hands to get the Gorilla Tape to hold the nut and fender washer in back of the tab. My hands are way too big!

So, it is done till 20,000 miles from now and a new air filter has to go on!

Rosy

Yesterday, my M8 hit 44.7 MPG it took almost 1week to get 1 10th more but I aint complaining.

I still say it may reach 50 MPG out of the box HD says 39 MPG BALONEY

Ride On Brothers and Sisters:p

That takes me from WOW to double WOW! I can't even get close to 35 let alone 40!

I am still playing with the fuel

We have 91 octane alcohol free, this is good stuff

I mix it down with some 89 this gives I believe a better burn

Lambda ideal is 14.7

wfGupjqts3kn0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Here is the chart, I am @ 13.8 for my low and 14.0 for my high today, we will see if it changes any thing:confused:

I put a new Avon Trike Tire on today.I ran the last one for 15,000 miles. The first one didn't require any weights. the new tire I'm using beads.

Bob, I just did the same thing. I had 15,000 miles on my last one too. Probably could have ran it the rest of riding season but I wanted a new one before our trip to Maggie Valley.

I put a new Avon Trike Tire on today.I ran the last one for 15,000 miles. The first one didn't require any weights. the new tire I'm using beads.

Bob, I just did the same thing. I had 15,000 miles on my last one too. Probably could have ran it the rest of riding season but I wanted a new one before our trip to Maggie Valley.

Great mileage guys, nowhere near the Dunhop Tyres I may ru an avon, I put them on all Sportsers HMMMMM

I have 22,000 miles on my Michelin and still lots more of thread left. OK, not as soft as the Avon from what I've heard, but mileage looks better.

I haven't compared cost between them, has anyone out there done this? If you have, please let us know.

Thanks,

Rosy

Correct me if I am wrong, but from what is said, you can expect 15,000 miles out of your new Avon Trike Front Tire, correct?

Now, has anyone gotten better mileage out of the Avon? If you have, please let us know?

Thanks,

Rosy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png