Exclusive 1st Photos Indian Trike by Hannigan

The base price on the Classic two wheel is 20,000 give or take I just got back from Big 1 which is the dealer in Al . The classic has the old school look comes with windshield and soft bags , a beautiful bike IMO . As far as the kit and installation don't know yet .

I test rode a new black Indian Chieftain in Daytona and fell in love with the thing! Its not a small motorcycle by any means, but on the Indian Forums the tall guys say it feels a bit cramped to them, but at 5'9" it fits me perfectly.

It handles great and makes a boat load of power throughout a broad range of rpm, no bogging, pinging or hesitation at all. It absolutely feels like a much smaller and lighter bike than it is, but not in a bad way at all. The stereo doesn't suck either!

I hate to say it, but the only problem I would have is triking it. It's such a perfect motorcycle I'd be tempted to keep it as a two wheeler, but if anything could convince me to convert it, it would be the Hannigan conversion.

Zook that's exactly what I told my wife , to damn good looking to change . May be to late 5th or 6th of April test ride , I wouldn't let em talk me in to sitting on it I wanted it so bad . If I were 50 instead of 58 it would be in my garage , without a test ride .

I'm hoping to fight this off but looking bad I love that bike was actually going to see if you had triked any yet .

Big #1 got my name and number from the Indian test ride in Daytona and have been calling and emailing me to come up for another test ride but that ain't happening.

I test rode a new black Indian Chieftain in Daytona and fell in love with the thing! Its not a small motorcycle by any means, but on the Indian Forums the tall guys say it feels a cramped to them, but at 5'9" it fits me perfectly.

It handles great and makes a boat load of power throughout a broad range of rpm, no bogging, pinging or hesitation at all. It absolutely feels like a much smaller and lighter bike than it is, but not in a bad way at all. The stereo doesn't suck either!

I hate to say it, but the only problem I would have is triking it. It's such a perfect motorcycle I'd be tempted to keep it as a two wheeler, but if anything could convince me to convert it, it would be the Hannigan conversion.

Ditto, Ditto,,, and DITTO!!!!!! :10:ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

Goodness knows was I ever glad that they did not have one painted red. It was really something to see the trike and the side car in person. The trike has made a lotto player out of me, LOL.

I knew i should not have looked so closely at the Indian bikes at Daytona because now i have that itchy feeling and that usually means expensive problems for me. you only live once and this trike would look only better with me sitting on top of it. do any of you know about what the final cost is having one converted from start to finish?

that is another problem i have because my bride has her own trike. i have been really busy lately so i have not given it any more thought lately but in a few weeks i will be heading to Pa. for 3 mos. and will be thinking again. we will see what happens as my wife says she doesn't care either way if i keep my Harley or get a new Indian. i would have to try one out with a test ride first and then i could think a little more clearly. do any of you out there know of a dealer in Pa. where that could happen, i don't mind if i have to drive a couple hours from Wellsboro, Pa.

Hey guys, can someone out there tell me if the Indians are air cooled or liquid cooled? i never looked when i saw them in person and cannot tell by the pix's. i am seeing either a oil cooler or a radiator in front but not sure. cannot find out on line either

well, i guess that solves that problem of me looking anymore at these Indians. the weather in Florida i think is too damn hot for a air cooled trike. i have a fan and oil cooler on my Harley trike and although i have not had any problems i am always worried about the extra heat.

At one point, I was seriously considering selling my current Wing/Roadsmith and get the new Indian with a Hannigan conversion. Unfortunately, financial considerations quickly put an end to that dream. How-ever during that, 'dream phase', lol, I was continually on a couple of the Indian forums and never saw any posts of the new Indian owners complain about heat issues.

Just some information I thought might be useful. ;)

Same here Rich. Actually have heard from those who have ridden and own them that they are quite noticeably a marked improvement regarding any heat issues.

Only way to know for sure above the conjecture and here-say,,,,
Investigate, Ride, and Experience for oneself.

Take the helm and try it out yourself Cap'n.
Why not? Don't cost nothin' :D

every time I look at this post- the more I like this trike!!
but I can't have one now ........
the war department will force a inventory reduction sale if I show to much interest !! :( and I know it would be my stuff!!;)
magoo

You better go sit on a Indian before you all go crazy, I have and they are small, if your around 6 foot or better, very small, knees doubled up.
I wanted one but after sitting and riding the size is a deal breaker for me I am 6'4" plus.

You better go sit on a Indian before you all go crazy, I have and they are small, if your around 6 foot or better, very small, knees doubled up.
I wanted one but after sitting and riding the size is a deal breaker for me I am 6'4" plus.

Huh,,,, that's a new one.
We have had three "6-footer plus" Clients (so far) that own new Chieftains that do not agree in the least.

But, to each his own and completely agree that everyone should go see, sit, and ride to make sure for themselves.

Far from a Cookie-Cutter World as pertains to Ergonomics and Personal Preference(s). Blanket Statements are rarely if ever actually true. Especially regarding Bikes & Trikes.

was not a blanket statement, read what I said, for me to small, and go sit and ride yourself, is what I said!
did not mean to upset anyone! guess should have kept my mouth shut as usual here!
Mike

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png