Exclusive 1st Photos Indian Trike by Hannigan

was not a blanket statement, read what I said, for me to small, and go sit and ride yourself, is what I said!
did not mean to upset anyone! guess should have kept my mouth shut as usual here!
Mike

Interesting dialog....you're more than welcome to speak your mind 1852cc, but I have to say that at 6'4 plus, you aren't the average sized guy and a lot of bikes are going to feel very small from your perspective. I met a guy and his wife at Daytona that lived in Daytona and he was easily over 6 ft tall and was riding a just purchased Indian Chieftain and he was raving about it as was his wife. He said he had a 2012 Street Glide parked in his garage that he would be selling because the Indian did everything better than his Street Glide did.

I did the Chieftain demo ride with a group of 20 others at the Indian demo event in Daytona and probably a good 1/3 of us were 6 footers, me not included, but I heard not a single complaint regarding the size or comfort after the ride, but I did hear a lot of positive comments and I personally loved the bike. As was stated in an earlier post, "...to each his own and completely agree that everyone should go see, sit, and ride to make sure for themselves."

As a side note, I am told by a good source that Indian will be offering a Tour Pack for the Chieftain in the not so distant future so two up riding will be much more comfortable.

geez, I cant believe the flack over what I said and believe, dam just remove my posts already.
I can see you cant have a differing opinion here, sorry you all cant deal with what someone else believes.
I WILL NEVER POST ANOTHER THING, SO YOU ALL WONT HAVE A HONEST DIFFERRING OPINION, TO FLAME ON!

You better go sit on a Indian before you all go crazy, I have and they are small, if your around 6 foot or better, very small, knees doubled up.

I wanted one but after sitting and riding the size is a deal breaker for me I am 6'4" plus.

Calm down...its just motorcycle talk for Christ's sake...No need to get all upset. Its pretty funny actually! Anyone who is 6'4 plus will feel most any bike is small and their knees are folded up. That's pretty much a given! I'm seriously not being sarcastic, I just have to laugh at the thought of your big ass sitting on a bike and telling folks "this thing is so small.." That image in my head makes me laugh out loud. Obviously a giant sized dude like you will have a different opinion relative to size and comfort, that's all I'm saying! :laugh:

Whatever, glad you think "my big ass on a motorcycle is funny".
I have been riding 53 years!
I have owned a lot of bikes, some have more room than others, that's just a fact, even if your 6'4".

Whatever, glad you think "my big ass on a motorcycle is funny".
I have been riding 53 years!
I have owned a lot of bikes, some have more room than others, that's just a fact, even if your 6'4".

I meant your big ass self....as in this huge guy that makes pretty much any bike look small. You have to realize you're bigger than 95% of the people on this forum. I didn't mean it in a derogatory way. Its all good.

geez, I cant believe the flack over what I said and believe, dam just remove my posts already.
I can see you cant have a differing opinion here, sorry you all cant deal with what someone else believes.
I WILL NEVER POST ANOTHER THING, SO YOU ALL WONT HAVE A HONEST DIFFERRING OPINION, TO FLAME ON!

Hmmm,,,, Amazing & Incredible.

For "some", Offering a Differing Opinion is Benign-OK-Harmless-nonOffensive-nonDerogatory-a Right-Free Speech-Protected-Hunky Dory Fine....

BUT

The minute someone else follows and dares post a differing Rebuttal to their Differing Opinion,
ALL that goes out the window for anyone that disagrees with their Opinion.
Anyone who disagrees with the original Dissenter is: Flaming-Derogatory-Offensive-Hurtful-etc....

Hypocrisy and Double Standard by definition.
It either works BOTH Ways or Not At All.
If You demand the ability and voluntarily storm the Stage to Opine,
You damn well better prepare yourself and cede the same Right/Courtesy to others.

Things get taken the wrong way on forums sometimes. If we were all having this discussion in person over a cold beer and a burger, it would have gone very differently. Mike would have seen from my expressions and the smile on my face that I meant "big ass" dude as a term of endearment and I meant no disrespect whatsoever. Mike, you're an experienced rider and a good guy and have every right to express your opinion, but then so do others who might not share your views. What do yall say we agree to disagree and carry on, yeah?

well i said that i was no longer interested in the Indian trike because they did not offer a tour pack but if they come out with one in the next year i will probably change my mind again. i do not know what colors are available but the one pictured on this post would work for me as it is just beautiful. again price would be the deciding factor as i am totally happy with my Harley but am always looking for something new and exciting.

Being 5' 2" a non triked indian is out of the question. See i am on
the other end of the spectrum. Went into the local indian dealership
3 days ago and asked for a quote on one being triked, 3 days later
still no call. Guess they have no interest in selling them. Nothing
worse than a dealership that has no follow through. I am STILL
trying to find out a price. What's a woman have to do to buy a
trike ?????? Hmmmmm seems they have indian trike rentals in
Miami so may be a good thing to go give one a try and see how it
actually drives and fits. i LOVE the looks of the indian - so classic. :clapping:

You can figure at least an extra $10,000.00 over the cost of the bike for a trike conversion and that's more then likely not including any extra accessories that Indian or Hannigan offer.

I'm still hoping to win Lotto as I'd absolutely love to have that Indian trike or even the side car Hannigan offers for the new Indian! ThumbUp

Alright, next question. does anyone out there know if and when Hannigan will be coming out with a kit with a tour pack for a Indian motorcycle. I am really interested in getting started in the purchase of one but it has to have a tour package as i do a lot of traveling and want a comfortable seat for a passenger when i have one. Next question, as i live in Florida does anybody know of a real good experienced builder that could build it or do i deal with Hannigan themselves and I do not mind traveling within reason to get this started but have to feel confident that it will come out perfect especially the paint job. i spend the summers in Pa. so i could do it up there also. let me know

Alright, next question. does anyone out there know if and when Hannigan will be coming out with a kit with a tour pack for a Indian motorcycle. I am really interested in getting started in the purchase of one but it has to have a tour package as i do a lot of traveling and want a comfortable seat for a passenger when i have one. Next question, as i live in Florida does anybody know of a real good experienced builder that could build it or do i deal with Hannigan themselves and I do not mind traveling within reason to get this started but have to feel confident that it will come out perfect especially the paint job. i spend the summers in Pa. so i could do it up there also. let me know

HANNIGAN MOTORSPORTS is a Sponsor and Contributing Member here at TRIKE TALK.com ....send Them a PM to get the INFO You're wanting.....ThumbUp

Big O,
Thanks for the questions and your interest in the HMS Indian Trike. I apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing in getting a Quote or other info from your local Indian Dealer. As of now, we are in the process of signing-up Indian Dealers into the Hannigan Network all over the Country. Being a relatively new Product, it is taking time to accomplish the goal of getting as many franchise Indian Dealers on-board, Trained, and familiar with the Trike in order to be able to properly advise prospective Clients as well as perform the conversions. We are working on it as diligently and expeditiously as possible. The closest Indian Dealer to Florida on-board at this time is Cherokee Indian/Trikes in Greer, SC. Should you wish to contact them, the contact there is Mr. Danny Patterson.

As for the Pricing and Options, I will attempt to add that Info below. Any additional questions you may have please post them in the HMS Sponsor Section in the Information Desk Thread. Should you wish to discuss further, please give us a call at 270-753-4256 ext. 224

Thanks again for your Post and I am going to Copy yours and this Post into the Information Desk Thread as a Reference for others who may be experiencing the same as you.

New Indian Trike Pricing 2014.jpg
**** The HMS Reverse Option will be added very soon to the above. That Reverse Assembly will be $1399 with an Install charge of $195 ****

Ahoy Cap't,
Hopefully the above will answer some of the questions you have as well. We have a Client who owned a GEN 1 GL1800 HMS Trike that wanted a new HMS Chieftain Trike who also happens to Winter in FLA and lives elsewhere (Norther Michigan to be exact). He just finalized trading his GEN 1 GL18 Trike for a new Chieftain and is getting it triked by Cherokee the first week of July. He is very similar to you in that he has owned Harleys and a Boss-Hoss Trike as well so was concerned about heat too.

The rest of your questions and cocerns I will address in the Information Desk Thread with your Post there.
Understand and agree with your concerns on Fit, Finish, and Paint, All I can say about that is "Have you seen, felt, and experienced our Trikes?"..... Do so and ALL your concerns will vanish ThumbUp

I do greatly appreciate your patience, understanding, and tenacity in your approach toward an Indian and allowing us at HMS the opportunity to earn your business and your trust.

Of course, another Option for you both would be to purchase the Indian from the Dealer of your choice wherever you choose and then seek the Services of one of our Outstanding Dealers to perform the Conversion.

I believe our own Bazooka, the Owner of this Awesome Forum could help greatly with your purchase should you desire to take that approach. He's in Southeast Alabama and is a long time a Hannigan Dealer.
;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png