car tire on valkyrie interstate csc trike

if your refering to a car tire for the front wheel. none has ever been found that would be a match. if your refering to the 2 rear tires. the size should be on the tires that are on it now.

The rear tire size may be different depending on conversion manufacturer. When I bought my Valk, used, it had 245/60x15's on the rear MotorTrike conversion. But the wide tire seemed to want to hydro plane on wet roads, so I changed to a 215/75x15, and really like braking feel better.

You might should ask the manufacturers recommendation, I just guessed what looked right for the weight and tire tread.

You don't say what size tire is currently fitted. The original final drive ratio on the Valk is 2.83:1. Running a stock rear tire on the two wheeler gives an RPM of 2808 @ 60MPH. Keep in mind the Valk takes its speedo input from the front wheel, not the rear, so rear tire size will not affect the speedo but will affect the rpm @ any given road speed. If you can find out from CSC what final drive ratio they used in the conversion, you can compute what tire size would approximate the above rpm/speed. Most manufacturers use 3.xx:1 rear ends which will result in a higher rpm/speed. Using a tire with a larger circumference will offset this to a degree, but lack of space will probably keep you from getting a big enough tire in there to get all the way back to OEM rpm/speed. I would recommend the largest circumference that will not rub. Any load range will be adequate for the weight of your trike. Speed rating? Well that is up to you. What keepinon said is also true. Wider tires will tend to hydroplane more than narrower ones. Here is a link to a tire size calculator that is very useful. http://ejelta.com/tiresize/index.ht...tio=&maxratio=&minwheel=&maxwheel=&maxdelta=2 Hope this helps. Stan

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png