tire pressure???? suspension pressure???

Nov 23, 2010
aiken, sc
Another question from a new owner......looking for the recommended tire pressure and also normal running pressure for the air suspension and how long the pressure normally holds when parked.......thanks for all your input

depends on your trike kit manufacture . in my motor trike/ ultra conversion I use the stock pressure in the front and 26lbs in the rear.

my air ride is set at 25lbs and rides good

check your manual:)

Another question from a new owner......looking for the recommended tire pressure and also normal running pressure for the air suspension and how long the pressure normally holds when parked.......thanks for all your input

As far as what's recommended tire and suspension air pressures are concerned, I believe it's a matter of personal preference. I ride solo pretty much of the time and find the a front tire pressure of 38 - 40 lbs. with the front shocks set at their softest (greatest degree of travel) setting, works well for me. I run about 25 lbs. for the rear tire pressures and the shocks set at their least amount (harshest) setting. This gives me the most comfortable/stable ride and the easiest, least amount of effort, on the steering. My air shocks on the rear suspension are set around 15 - 20. If I'm pulling my camper trailer, I'll run around 45 - 50 on the rear air suspension and rear tire pressure at about 30 lbs.

Daydreamer

I guess I should have mentioned that I am a new Stallion owner and the specs would be different on a Harley trike....thanks anyway for the reply

I run the factory recommended pressure in the tires. It depends if I am riding by myself or with my wife what pressure I use in the rear shocks. When I ride alone I use a low pressure around 20 pounds and if my wife is with me or if I have the trailer I use 28-30 pounds in the rear shocks. My shock will keep the pressure all day and it will loose a pound or two overnight. My Stallion is an 08, hope this help you.:wave4:

Here is yet another suggested set of pressures; front shocks-lower 1 click down from the top and put 36-38 in the tire, rear leave the shock setting on the high setting from the factory, I lowered mine and it felt like we would tip over so I put it back to factory. I run 10pis when riding single and 15-20 when double with the rack installed for luggage. I run 25 psi in the rear tires all the time. Another note is that at first, I ran the recommended 42 psi in the front tire and when I replaced the valve stem, I noticed that the center of the tire was worn more than the sides ie too much pressure. The Stallion rides much better now.

Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png