Lone riders?

I ride by myself most of the time. I do not mind. Husband just doesn't care to go much anymore, so it's me alone! At least when you are by yourself, you have the opportunity to stop whenever you want or keep going for the long haul. I logged over 10,000 miles last year by myself. Was great fun!

I seldom ride alone. I just don't like the feeling of being out there by myself. Riding in a group of even 2 is safer . I had a friend get hit by a VAN as he got on the hi-way , Long story short the van changed lanes at the entrance ramp and nailed him as he was getting on. Nobody would say what happened he was out cold can't remember it. To this day the $#*^%$# never took blame for it . Can't prove it. He laid in the middle of the road for 20 min. If someone was with him it would have never have happened.

I seldomly ride alone. I ride a lot of times just for the companionship. I also realize how much safer we are when we have another bike or two with us!

Solo only. Bought my trike as wife & I were anticipating retirement and I thought it the perfect fun toy we could see the country with together. Brought the trike home, we went around the block and she said "whoa, that hurts". Her hip is outta whack and the trike hurts, so I'm solo.

Rather ride with atleast one person.
I have the best Wingman/women ever ;) My Wife !
We get compliments all the time when others ride with us.
They can't believe how well we stick together and know each
others moves & different hand signals while riding. Even though
she knows I could out ride her she does a GREAT job keeping up
with me and there are sometimes she amazes me when she is right
there behind me when I take it up a notch sometimes. One of the
proudest momments was riding up to Laconia doing 85 mph up Rt.93
and she was right behind me all the way riding her 07 Street Glide.
Rob .....

My wife has always loved to ride on the back of my bikes and still does. Before we were married, we were out for a ride on a GSX1100 (crotch rocket) that I owned. About five blocks from home, she leaned over and said "GO FAST". Being younger and not nearly as wise as I am today, I kicked it down a gear and accelerated, right thru a speed trap. :blush: She loves bikes! However, since becoming disabled and even with the extra security the trike offers, I now find myself afraid to have her as a passenger. I know people may say, that if I'm not that confident in my abilities that I shouldn't be riding. I guess I'm afraid now that if something happened, even if it wasn't my fault, that I would blame myself for not being able to voided it. Maybe time will take away that insecurity? I hope so, because I loved riding with her behind me!
A long winded way to say, we ride double only occasionally, for very short rides and after lots and I MEAN LOTS, of persuasion on her part. But mostly I ride solo and only when I'm confident I can do so safely.

Unfortuneatly some of us have no choice, lost my wife 5 yrs ago but i still ride, alone, not as enjoyable but that hasn't stopped the riding

99GW/1500/lehman
BK MI VI
MI PGR

I also ride alone. My wife has problems with her legs and keeping them bent for a long spell would cause problems.

I really don't know of anyone else in my area that I can ride with. So,, for the most part, my Trike hardly gets any use at all. I kinda force myself to at least take her out every month or so just around the neighborhood so she gets some use. I never cared for taking rides alone. Might wind up selling her in the near future.

My wife has always loved to ride on the back of my bikes and still does. Before we were married, we were out for a ride on a GSX1100 (crotch rocket) that I owned. About five blocks from home, she leaned over and said "GO FAST". Being younger and not nearly as wise as I am today, I kicked it down a gear and accelerated, right thru a speed trap. :blush: She loves bikes! However, since becoming disabled and even with the extra security the trike offers, I now find myself afraid to have her as a passenger. I know people may say, that if I'm not that confident in my abilities that I shouldn't be riding. I guess I'm afraid now that if something happened, even if it wasn't my fault, that I would blame myself for not being able to voided it. Maybe time will take away that insecurity? I hope so, because I loved riding with her behind me!
A long winded way to say, we ride double only occasionally, for very short rides and after lots and I MEAN LOTS, of persuasion on her part. But mostly I ride solo and only when I'm confident I can do so safely.

FBT, I am kindda in the same situation. I have ridden 2w for a decades, 2 up. My Chief Mate (Wifey) loved it. Then I got caught up with Track days & she found reasons to stay off. I had 3 major come-offs, so I cant blame her. Now we have become brand new trikers. And she is back on! Seems to love it. But I worry, what with being a newbie & all. Got to have Faith though & hone up on the trike skills. Riding alone just ain't fun, right!

I ride alone 90% of the time, The wifes most of the time is busy with the horses, I got a big tool bag & a cell phone, Last sunday i was in Concord NH & the post broke off my battery , I had a pair of vise grips to clamp it, lucky Heritage HD was open put in a new battery & back on the road It was still a good 300 mile ride. I like to stop when & were I want do what I want to do & go. If any bodys lookin Heritage HD had a new black TRI GLIDE & LACONIA HD HAD A BLUE & SILVER TRI GLIDE & BLACK FLHX TRI GLIDE & A RED FLHX TRI GLIDE MSRP ON ALL OF THEM ???

Depends on the situation. My wife, daughter and son passenger with me when either they are available and interested in where I'm going. I also ride with other triker friends or solo if they aren't available, depending on the situation.

I ride mine to work most days. On weekends, my bride is with me 90% of the time. She is the best rider. I enjoy riding with a small group of guys or gals I know.
We are finally at the point in our lives where we figured we need to do it all ,all we can, while we can.:D
We will leave a small inheritance;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png