Cooling fan

Mar 5, 2013
Hutchinson KS
I am looking at the love jugs cooling Fan
Has any one here installed a set on your trike. happy with them or not.
Has any one tryed the Wards fan i think i got the name right if not i will know soon
Thanks
Big Red and Chris

Has any one tryed the Wards fan i think i got the name right if not i will know soon
Thanks
Big Red and Chris

There are a lot of people on here that use the Wards FCS fans. A few that use the Love Jugs also. Depends what you are after. the Love jugs are a large pair of fans that tend to cover up the whole side of the engine front & rear. The FCS fans do just as good of a job with a much smaller fan.
It ends up as how you use the air from the fans. Wards FCS fans direct air where it is needed. Not trying to be the wind that comes in while you ride, but enough cooling air where needed.
I run the FCS fans & I am very pleased with them.

Thanks

Big Red and Chris

I'll add to the long list of satisfied Wards Fan users, but if you like the incredible large size of the jove lugs you might look into a couple of leave blowers, about the same size & you might save money.:D If you like the jove lugs underwater stuff than maybe try some trolling motors.:laugh:
I think the best selling point of the Wards is the looks & small size and the reason behind the size & placement of the fans sold me. You don't need an aircraft propeller to blow out a lit match, a well placed flow of air is all that's needed.

The Love Juggs fans may not be for everyone, as yes they are larger, but have no doubt they are an extremely well made piece of equipment. I have seen them in action and have a set I in my hands that I picked up from Luv Juggs in Daytona. I would put them up against any cooling fan on the market and I'll guarantee you they will not be outperformed.

They were designed and built by a Harley enthusiast from South Florida to be the most effective cooling fans available and the evidence and testing I have seen says they are. They are not the smallest, cutest or most petite, but I believe that they are the best at cooling a Harley-Davidson motorcycle and they come with a 100% money back guarantee if you do not like them for any reason. You cant beat that.

As for the water-proof design and the video showing them being dropped into a fish tank and still running, that to me is a selling point as I would naturally assume the life of two electric fans mounted on a hot, constantly vibrating Harley-Davidson and regularly ridden through downpours, probably would not have a long life expectancy. These do. If you saw and held them in your hands, you'd understand the level of quality I am talking about.

I'm not saying this because they are a new sponsor here either. I reserved signing them up and making any comments until I had met and talked with the company owner, saw the fans in action and held a set in my hands to inspect them. It does bother me somewhat when folks knock a product and say it does or does not work as well as what they have on their bike, when they have never tried it. I have a brand new set I will be happy to send to someone for testing.

At the risk of being more than somewhat of a bother, I hope that opinions & reasons behind opinions are not included in your comments. While I have had those fans in my hands and that being the largest reason I didn't buy those fans, I don't believe I said they didn't work or the Wards Fans worked better. I looked at & handled Lenale Fans also & I have similar opinions of Lenale as I do of that other fan, too big. I spent a lot of time looking at cooling fans for my TG before buying and I stand behind my opinions & comments. All the fans blow air, but I don't think that's why people post questions about them.

At the risk of being more than somewhat of a bother, I hope that opinions & reasons behind opinions are not included in your comments.

Can someone please translate this?

I don't believe I said they didn't work or the Wards Fans worked better.

I don't believe you did, nor did I say you did. Wasn't a personal attack.

All the fans blow air, but I don't think that's why people post questions about them.

If not for blowing air, then what? Color? Shape? Size? How cool it looks on your bike? Blowing air and doing it well was the whole point of the OP's question wasn't it?

I have a feeling the OP was well aware of the size and style of both systems before he asked the question "I am looking at the love juggs cooling fans, has anyone installed a set on your trike? Happy with them or not?" He didn't ask, Hey are you guys OK with the size? Do these make my butt look big?

Thanks
Big Red and Chris

I'm sorry that my comments need to be translated, as I've mentioned before, I'm dyslexic. I use all the aids I can, but sometimes it doesn't work.

Not a problem! I like a good spirited debate and appreciate the feedback even if I don't always agree with it. We've all got our own tastes and opinions and like my dad used to say "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla." Just cut me a break if I happen to like vanilla and you don't, OK?

Not a problem! I like a good spirited debate and appreciate the feedback even if I don't always agree with it. We've all got our own tastes and opinions and like my dad used to say "That's why they make chocolate and vanilla."

I almost pulled the trigger on LuvJugs. I'm sure they are worthy. I had a Lanale fan and wasn't too happy with its performance. I went with Wards. Being small, they looked a bit better. They offer a thermal switch. The real reason I went with them, they are made by an active military man. He is building his future while he is in the service. I'll support a service man any day.
$0.02

Different strokes for different folks, it is as simple as that. They all blow air across the cylinders, some more than others. When is enough enough? You could bolt on a couple of box fans from Walmart and have tons of air blowing across the cylinders. For me it was a function AND looks decision. That is why I chose the Lenale for my Tri Glide. Like I have said in previous post, three years with mine and not one problem with it. That includes riding in tons of rain and even hit with a car wash wand a time or two. Simple install, looks like a factory part, does NOT cover up those great looking cylinders, and works good. I also have the Harley oil temp gauge, and the two of them work well together.ThumbUp

The Love Juggs fans may not be for everyone, as yes they are larger, but have no doubt they are an extremely well made piece of equipment. I have seen them in action and have a set I in my hands that I picked up from Luv Juggs in Daytona. I would put them up against any cooling fan on the market and I'll guarantee you they will not be outperformed.

They were designed and built by a Harley enthusiast from South Florida to be the most effective cooling fans available and the evidence and testing I have seen says they are. They are not the smallest, cutest or most petite, but I believe that they are the best at cooling a Harley-Davidson motorcycle and they come with a 100% money back guarantee if you do not like them for any reason. You cant beat that.

As for the water-proof design and the video showing them being dropped into a fish tank and still running, that to me is a selling point as I would naturally assume the life of two electric fans mounted on a hot, constantly vibrating Harley-Davidson and regularly ridden through downpours, probably would not have a long life expectancy. These do. If you saw and held them in your hands, you'd understand the level of quality I am talking about.

I'm not saying this because they are a new sponsor here either. I reserved signing them up and making any comments until I had met and talked with the company owner, saw the fans in action and held a set in my hands to inspect them. It does bother me somewhat when folks knock a product and say it does or does not work as well as what they have on their bike, when they have never tried it. I have a brand new set I will be happy to send to someone for testing.
Bazooka, I would love to test a set on my TG if that is a legit offer?:D

If I had to I would pick the wards fan because of their smaller size and looks, But I don't have a problem with heat on my 2013, I plan my trips, I don't ride in town during heavy traffic on a hot day, I use the back roads most of the time, I have only had the trike for a year and a half, I am retired and pick the time and weather I enjoy riding in, I also don't ride if the temp. is below 32'f.
To me, a motorcycle is not an all weather machine, so I don't see me buying fans any time soon ;).

Bazooka, I would love to test a set on my TG if that is a legit offer? :D

It is indeed Mick, but I was hoping to find someone in a more southerly location where the extreme heat will really put it to the test. Don't forget that Love Juggs offers a 100% money back guarantee if you try their system and aren't satisfied.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png