Champion fender covers

When we got our '04 GL1800 with a Champion kit it had some thick 3M protectant film on the fenders. Hardly know it is there, but has done a good job protecting the front of the fenders. <br />
<br />
We had some snap-on fender bras on our last Wing, a '95 Motor Trike. Liked the look, but they embossed the name on them - you could read "Motor Trike" in reverse on the back side of them. no matter how careful I was keeping them clean and waxed they still rubbed where the covers touched the paint. Under the covers was rubbed to a dull finish except where the lettering was, there was "Motor Trike" in a nice shiny finish on the fender. <br />
<br />
I like the look of fender covers, but after a while the paint under them gets dulled, and there is no going back. YMMV, but I'll stick with the 3M film, the spray on protectant or a sponsor of this forum, See Through Braz. Maybe put one of these products under the fender covers to protect them from wearing the paint.<br />
<br />
It's 11 hours later, and I finally realized the above doesn't include an answer to your question. Champion doesn't make fender covers, but any competent upholstery shop, especially one that specializes in cars, should be able to make a set of custom covers just as you want them.

The 3M film under the cover is still a good idea, but for the fender covers you should be able to get any color, pattern of stitching, embroidery or grain pattern you want.

Last edited:
Re: fender covers

100_3727.jpg
I had these made locally and had felt glued on the back side to protect the fenders. They have been on about 6 months now with no sign of paint discoloration. I have removed them twice and waxed under the rock guards just to be safe. So far I'm happy with them. To answer your question I could not find them commercially either.​

Re: fender covers

Good Looking fender covers they look great.

View attachment 19536I had these made locally and had felt glued on the back side to protect the fenders. They have been on about 6 months now with no sign of paint discoloration. I have removed them twice and waxed under the rock guards just to be safe. So far I'm happy with them. To answer your question I could not find them commercially either.​

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png