Life coming back to me again

Dave,
We have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Best of luck to you with all your treatments. A positive attitude helps more than anything. God bless you and keep the faith.
Russ and VickieThumbUp

Hi all, I finished the sixth and final chemo series early last week. Got my 9th unit of blood last evening. All in all feeling very good and thankful this part of the process is complete. We go back to Mayo for testing and Dr. visits next Wednesday. At that time we find out if the tentatively scheduled Stem Cell Transplant is still a go for early September. I'm ready to get that process done and get on with life again.

Two weeks ago we took the trike out for our first ride of the season with some friends. Rode to a neighboring town for supper and back again. At least I got the Arizona gas from last winter burned out of it. It felt really great being out again finally.

Hoping to get a couple of more outings with it during August depending on how I feel.

Congratulations Dave glad to hear that you have some positive results. I'll bet that trike ride felt very invigorating. Keep up the positive spirits and the rest will fall into place. Our prayers are with you. God bless you and your family. My daughter just bought my wife a sign to help her through her dilemna and I feel it fits here also, it says

The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.

Amen to that. ...keep the faith.:pepper:

Sorry I've missed your thread so far but I would like to know how you are doing in the several months since the beginning of your journey with this horrible disease. Also a few others have been going thru their own bouts of serious trouble and onceagain I aapologize for not realizing what was going on. I believe I can blame it on the new site as I was not properly trained on how to navigate certain areas! Well, let's just say that I was happy being able to read messages and didn't do any exploration until today! Yea, I'm slow, but I m handsome(according to the women that work with my wife). Ride safe.

Thank-you to everyone for you concern and positive comments.. It's been a very busy time since I posted last. I met with an oncologist at the Roger Maris cancer center in Fargo, ND on Apr 8th and started my first five day chemo series on the 9th. That knocked my system for a loop and I was back in the hospital for three days and 4 unit of blood. Been feeling much better again now. Next chemo series starts on the 30th. I go back to Mayo on May 13th for tests to see how the treatments are doing and see if the treatment plan needs to be revised. My wife and are just taking this one day at a time and enjoying the fact we have the opportunity to do that,
God bless all my fellow trikers out there and enjoy every day as if it could be your last.

May the good Lord speed your recovery and give you time to enjoy the ride again. Prayers to you and family

Hi all,
It's been a wild roller coaster ride since my last post. I finished the original chemo schedule the end of July, went to Rochester for tests and was declared in remission and ready to start the stem cell process the beginning of September. Then I got a blood clot in my arm and they had to delay the stem cell treatment. A month later another PET scan showed the cancer was back and I started a different type of chemo that required 5 days of in-patient chemo infusion. This was to be two cycles three weeks apart. One week after the first infusion was done I got an infection and spiked a 103 fever that put me back in the hospital on some pretty heavy duty antibiotics for five days. A week later I was strong enough for the second chemo session and finished that on Thanksgiving Day.

Now we are praying things are stable through Christmas and we go to Rochester on December 28th to once again attempt to complete the stem cell process. My wife and I have been so humbled by the encouragement and support of family and friends, posts on my caring bridge site and comments from all of you on here.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png