trailer wiring harness

I am finishing my cargo trailer and I have the factory wiring harness,but my french is not that good and the pictures that came with the harness are grainyand not good. I am looking for some better instructions on what to take off in order to plug in the harness on my 2014 Can-Am RT. Thanks.

I figured it out.It was easy once you figured out where the wiring harness for the rear lights plug in. For all of you 14 RT owners .There is a panel under the seat that is on the left side facing the front of the trike. There is a tab to open the panel,but it is easier to get to everything if you remove the the whole cover. The factory trailer harness plugs in the front plug.Then your flat 4 adapter plugs in and then your pig tail to the swing arm plugs in. There is room for your flat 4 convertor under the harness.I just used two zip ties to hold it in place. There is a small gap in the plastic that allows you to run your pigtail down to the swing arm.There are two torx head screws on the backside of the left storage box.I used two adel clamps to secure the pigtail away from the rear tire.Then two zip ties to the swing arm. The dealer wanted $ 1200.00 for the hitch and the wiring installed.I bought the hitch and harness off ebay for $499.00 and installed both in less than an hour.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png