New Member and New Old Trike from COLORADO and have a question?

New Member and New Old Trike from COLORADO and have a question?

Hi Everyone,

I finally got the ride that I wanted!!! 92 Honda Goldwing Trike!!:) She is older, but so am I or is it that were better with age?? (sorry I can't figure how to get her picture on the site.)
Well any way, I'm so glad I found this forum with all this information and you all sound like you have fun with it and make great friends!!
I bought her in California and had her shipped to Colorado. Does the carburetor need to be adjusted for the altitude, being a mile higher than sea level??:Shrug:

Re: New Member and New Old Trike from COLORADO and have a question?

:wave4:Hello skblusi,
Welcome to the TrikeTalk.com forum where, as you have already noticed, you will find the friendliest and most knowledgeable trikers on the planet. You have an interesting trike and you certainly sound knowledgeable. As always, if you have a question, ask it and I'm sure you will be pleased with the responses. To answer your question, you most likely will have to adjust your carbs due to the higher air pressure.

You may want to look into a TOI (Trike Owners International) membership and it is free. Check it out on a thread within this forum Click here
Our Club - Join Trike Owners International

Enjoy the forum, my friend!

I think you should talk to your local Honda dealer and see what he says, but my best guess is going to be that, yes, you need to re-jet for your altitude difference to get the best performance from the trike. Hondas are great bikes and it will take good care of you.

Welcome from South Eastern Illinois, and I agree with Big Juice. More than likely you will have to rejet. it.

Welcome from just north of ya in Cheyenne.

I would bet money you will have to have the carb re jetted for our altitude. I remember doing that on cars so I don't imagine it would be any different on scoots.

Got to remember, there is a hell of a lot less air up in this country than at sea level. :laugh:

Welcome to trike talk form Si.Louis,MO.
I have rode all over Colorado pulling a trailer (have relatives all over out there) and have only noticed a slight power loss when at high elevations.I would just down-shift to a lower gear when needed.The GW1500 has plenty of power.
Never heard that anyone makes a re-jet kit for the GW1500 and if so would it still be available do to the age of the bike.
Never really worried about the going up it was the comming down,like Pikes Peak,that bothered me with the trailer pushing and braking.Usually went to lower gears and let engine help slow us down.
Good advice though about checking with a local dealer there or attempt to contact a local GW riding club to ask how other 1500 owners deal with the elevations.

Hello Skblusi and welcome to the website from the U.P. of Michigan. Since you are living at that altitude you would be better off changing the jets. If you were just passing through then it would be a slight loss of power while at that altitude. Stop by often and ride safe.

Even though I am a new member I would like to say Welcome. In what time I have looked on here I think we both will enjoy the friendly atmosphere.

Welcome Skblusi and usually greetings from Long Island, but today, greetings fro Park City, UT.
If you don't talk to a dealer soon, I would recommend you carry some extra plugs with you. Just in case they foul.

Thank you for everyone's in put. I've talked to 2 different Honda Dealers and gotten 2 different responses. :xzqxz: At this point I think I'll go thru a couple of tanks of gas and see what kind of gas mileage I get. What kind of gas mileage does the 1500 get with a trike on it???

Welcome to Trike Talk from Missouri. I had a 95 GL1500 and the best I can remember I got in the low 30's with it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back