Tire Size Screw Up!!

May 27, 2011
San Angelo
I screwed up!!! Dang I hate to admit that.... The whole deal about changing from the OEM Motor Trike installed tire to a 205/65-R15 was to lessen the effect of lateral imbalance. The fact that it really gets worse in tires wider the 65 series somehow got stuck in my head? Well, then why in the heck did I change from the 225/60-R15 to a 205/65-R15? That pushed the envelope closer to the danger zone instead of away from it........

What can I say?? Sometimes we learn from our mistakes.... I guess the Road Force Balancing really is the thing that helped reduce the vibration most not the different tires. I have a full riding season left in these 205s but I’ll be going back to 225/60-R15 T/A Radials (with Road Force Balancing)...

Sorry if I misled anyone!!! :xszpv: :xszpv:

Jerry, no worries. Just ride the heck out of them and before you know it, it will be time for new ones. Now you will not feel so guilty for doing burn outs. Ride safe and if the opportunity presents itself, see if you can stop in at Kerrville, TX 25-27 as a couple of us will be rolling around the hill country.

Jerry, no worries. Just ride the heck out of them and before you know it, it will be time for new ones. Now you will not feel so guilty for doing burn outs. Ride safe and if the opportunity presents itself, see if you can stop in at Kerrville, TX 25-27 as a couple of us will be rolling around the hill country.

Thanks for the invite Jim. I'm getting more and more distance in my rides but still not quite up to riding all the way to Kerrville. I really thought I'd heal quicker but this knee replacement stuff is a different animal. I'll be ready for Eureka Springs though I'm hoping. :) We are going to make it a two day trip both ways just to make sure I don't over do it. Hopefully you will be able to make it again this year. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Hey Jerry,
Kerrville's a lot closer than Eureka Springs, only 150 miles from San Angelo / 2 hrs +

I know, it's your knee.... mine are shot so ......

:),,,The trick is not that we make mistakes but that we learn from them and sounds as though you did .ThumbUp Another thing it takes a level headed person to admit his mistakes . ThumbUpThumbUp ,,Another one , no lesson is better than a lesson we pay for .ThumbUp

I've got to stop now before I give 'em all away :D Good luck with it Jerry !!

I'm not sure if this will help, but HERE is a neat tire size calculator. Enter current (or original) size, then enter possible alternative sizes. It then calculates all the related "stuff" and compares them to each other.

I'm not sure if this will help, but HERE is a neat tire size calculator. Enter current (or original) size, then enter possible alternative sizes. It then calculates all the related "stuff" and compares them to each other.

Thanks for the link Warren. I do have a calculator already. That is how I knew the diameter of the 205/65-R15 was very close to the OEM tire. Just got my thoughts mixed up about tire width. GO FIGURE!!:xszpv: :xszpv:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png