replacement led lights over air vents

Feb 11, 2011
Clinton, AR, USA
have 2003 GW. it has chrome over the side radiator vents. it has (had) two rows of leds.
have no idea who make the chrome or leds.

some of the leds have quit working - it looks like
strips of four or five lights in each strip and about 5 strips in each row. two rows on each vent.

any idea where I can find replacements for the led pieces...

Thanks David B

have 2003 GW. it has chrome over the side radiator vents. it has (had) two rows of leds.
have no idea who make the chrome or leds.

some of the leds have quit working - it looks like
strips of four or five lights in each strip and about 5 strips in each row. two rows on each vent.

any idea where I can find replacements for the led pieces...

Thanks David B

David there are a few different manufactures and styles of those LED trim pieces. Pictures would help a TON!! Without them it's just too much guessing... :xszpv: :xszpv:

took photo of both sides. the left side is missing a whole row and center part of upper leds.
the other photo shows what it is supposed to look like.

thanks for any help.

Attachments

• bike photos 002.jpg
    bike photos 002.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 76
  • bike photos 001.jpg
    bike photos 001.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 82
Dave,
Ill tell you what I did. I wound up having to pull off both chrome pieces off of the bike. That was the easy part. Getting all of the glue strips off of the chrome was the hard part. On the bike I was able to just take my fingers and slowly rub it off and clean up what little glue was left with lighter fluid. Now on replacing the lights I wound up using flexible LED strips from Oznium.com. I purchased orange color which is basically the same as Showchromes lenses. If you get yellow it wont match(ask me how I know!) I ordered the strips just slightly less in length than the lenses and just pressed them in and used a little clear RTV silicone at each end to hold them. You'll find the Ozniums are a little brighter because of more LEDs and you can be seen Better from the side. Also depending on how theyre hooked up youll have to unwire them from the bike to get them off. Showchrome recommends I want to say an 1/8th in hole to run the wires through that youll see more easily from thr inside of the fairing. My missus says Im persistent,I told her Im cheap and didnt fell like spending another $150.00+ for lights. I would take a good look and see if youre able to get the lights out of the lenses on the bike before I remove the chrome pieces. Showchrome makes replacement lights but Im sure theyll last as long as the originals. I have over 4 years on the Ozniums and have no problems with them whatsoever and I have a few on the old girl.
http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

- - - Updated - - -

Dave looking at your pics are yours yellow? My lenses are orange and with LEDs you usually buy the lights the color the lenses are.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png