More Tow Pac adjustments

dadztoy

300+ Posts
Dec 12, 2011
Georgetown, Tennessee, USA
After doing a complete readjustment a while back on my Insta Trike so it would slide smoothly into the receiver without shimming the wheels up with 3/4" boards, I discovered that the wheel alignment (tow in/out) on the left side (driver's side) was off quite a bit... So I decided to readjust that using a couple of straight edges on the bike rear wheel and the Insta Trike wheel per their instructions... Only problem was my directions did not look like what is on the Insta Trike so I had to figure out exactly what to do... Their directions show a square plate with 2 bolts for lateral adjustment... My Insta Trike has a rather large rectangular plate with 5 bolts and two set crew like adjustments which move the plate up and down (see photos)

rsz_dscn0569.jpg

rsz_dscn0570.jpg

rsz_dscn0571.jpg

Photo 1 shows the adjustment plates and the 5 bolts that are loosened... Photo 2 shows another view of that and photo 3 shows the set screws or adjustment screws that move the plate for alignment... I bunged 2 pieces of 1/2" aluminum channel on the bike rear rear wheel and the Insta Trike wheel and measured and tweaked the set screws until the measurement was exactly the same from front to back on the left wheel... The right wheel was within 1/16" of an inch so I left that one alone... I did remove the fender when I did this adjustment which makes it infinitely easier to get to the adjustment plate nuts and bolts and the set screws... It can be challenging removing the fenders on an Insta Trike with the wheels on, but I managed to do it with a minimum of colorful language... :D

The wife and I are going to the Tennessee District Rally this Saturday in Chattanooga so I wanted to make sure all was set up properly before we made the 100 mile round trip... It's supposed to be 80 degrees and sunny this Saturday so it will be a great day for a ride... :clapping:

Les

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png