Can Am power

Guess that's it in the Avatar, "nice ride". Congrats are in order, by the like way you posted the news, almost like a poem, a good read. Can you reveal the bottom line $, if not, understand and respect your privacy. Keep us posted on all the good stuff, and the bad if you wish.

I traded off my Triglide for the new CAN AM Spyder 2014 RT limited.
It was like night and day for the ride and was really happy with the new engine. 1330 rotax..

IMO has more storage than the TRIGLIDE..The storage do not look much from the outside until you open the doors..They are deeper than you think from first impressions..

Now we need the weather to warm up and melt all this snow..

Before I bought mine I rode it several miles and a few times before I made my decision..The more I rode the more I liked the bike..

It was like driving a Cadillac versus the old bike..:D

Guess that's it in the Avatar, "nice ride". Congrats are in order, by the like way you posted the news, almost like a poem, a good read. Can you reveal the bottom line $, if not, understand and respect your privacy. Keep us posted on all the good stuff, and the bad if you wish.

It is always more in Canada! Lol

list here was $33,999.00 less $6000.00 for 2014.

Add in $1500 in dealer fees, Eco fees and registering included 4 year warranty. Then add 12% government sales tax (rip off) you end at nearly $33k on the nose. Pick up next Thursday in the rain so will let you know how weather protection goes for tall old guys!

It is always more in Canada! Lol
list here was $33,999.00 less $6000.00 for 2014.
Add in $1500 in dealer fees, Eco fees and registering included 4 year warranty. Then add 12% government sales tax (rip off) you end at nearly $33k on the nose. Pick up next Thursday in the rain so will let you know how weather protection goes for tall old guys!

Windshield wont help much for TaLL old guys :D

I had a 2009 Spyder for a few years and sold it last year as i had 3 other bikes as well as my girlfriend's bike. the spyder was very powerful with good torque and good handling. My only complaint about the spyder is it is not very DIY friendly. to adjust the belt you had to go to the dealer which for me was very far away and it cost around $100 to get it done as canam uses a vibration type tester to set up the right belt tension a tool which as opposed to a harley belt tester which costs around $20 costs over $400. also any error codes that come up on your bike have to be cleared through the dealer. simple DIY stuff like changing your brake fluid has to be done at the dealer. the only maintenance I could do myself was the oil change. I loved the bike other than the fact that bombardier is very proprietary with respect to the technology they require to do maintenance on this particular product. Maybe the newer models are different.

newer model don't have to adjust the valves,and the only thing I didn't like is taking off the Tupperware..other than that its not like any other bike out there for maint.

The Can Am may have more storage than a Triglide but not more than a GL1800 CSC. The Can Am also will not store a modular helmet in any of the bags except the frunk. That's a pain to me.

I am surprised a helmet would not fit in the side bags as they have more room than I expected when I opened them..Looks like more than enough to fit a helmet and other things.IMO

May depend on the spyder you had or was looking at??

If I remember right a modular will fit in the side bags but the helmet has to be opened and positioned just right. And it can take several minutes to find that correct position. And it wants to roll out too I think as you do it. Which is probably why my wife uses the frunk instead.

2014 RTS SE6 sitting in garage and a helmet may fit but my wife's size small modular Shoei Neotec helmet does not fit except in frunk.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png