We're Here to Help!

Yesterday was my second attempt to contact Roadsmith. They may be getting out of the game since the owner retired, and that part about shutting down the Daytona store doesn't sound very positive.

The founder, Dick Lindholm retired several years ago and he ran the Daytona location, but they are anything but getting out of the game. The owner's son, Dough Lindholm and his business partner Jim McGurren are running the business and are busier than they have ever been.

rear end problems

Hi Everyone! Roadsmith Trikes is here to help with answers to questions or anything else you might need for your Roadsmith Trike. We will be checking this forum regularly and promise to get back to you as quickly as we can. If you need immediate assistance, please don't hesitate to call the main factory number 800-331-0705! Thanks and we look forward to chatting with you!

Hi, I have had to tighten the castle nuts on both hubs, are the bearings going bad?

Newbie Questions

Good morning All!

I'm not an owner yet, but just turned 65 and very interested in the GL1800 RS conversions. Looking for some general comments and feedback from existing owners of GL1800 RS Owners. As best I can tell, everyone loves their GL1800 and RS conversion.

Don't think I want to spend the money for new, so in the market for a used conversion, but unsure as to the GL1800 itself-- model year, etc. -- as I believe that I read somewhere to go with 2008 or later due to Direct injection.

On the RS conversion itself, can a person easily/low cost add the Auxiliary fuel tank? Any/all comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Press55

Adjust Shocks

My rear suspension felt squishy or tippy. I added preload on my Wing and that did not help. The dealer “adjusted the shocks” and that fixed the issue. Yay! I just wonder what the installer meant by that. Can you tell me what adjustments can be made to the rear shocks/springs on the Roadsmith trike? Thank you.

2016 Roadsmith Trike pulls right…

RHi, I have a 2016 goldwing Roasdsmith Trike, currently has 4700 miles. I purchased it in the beginning of February this year with 2950 miles on the odo. My question/concern is I think the front tire is scrubbing, because I’m constantly applying more pressure with my right hand to keep the trike to track straight.

Yes, I understand the crown of the road and the crown within the lane especially on older blacktop roads. What I noticed is just taking pressure off of the handlebars, theres a little slight snap to the right and of course the trike will go right. If I had to guess it’s small about 1/4 inch snap and I’ll have to immediately secure the handle bar to keep it straight. I have the front tire pressure at 40 and the rears at 26.

I even tried the rears with 4 psi more in the right tire, but it doesn’t help. I’ve tested in the left lane with a crown and the bike will track straight pretty good and will slowly start to wander to the right, but it will take a bit to do so. So, the reason I’m thinking that the tire is scrubbing is, right after a ride of about 50 miles or so, with the temperature only around 80-82 degrees as of late, primarily just cruising on rural roads with top speed of 50 mph.

I get back from the ride, I touched the tread of the front tire, and it felt pretty hot, so I went and hit with a laser thermometer and it read 129 degrees. I hit the rear tires, and it was around 95 degrees. The front calipers are never hot, so there’s no drag.

Does anyone have any thoughts? my trike has the independent rear suspension and with less that 5000 miles, there are no irregular wear marks on the rear tires. If this is normal, then I can put my mind at ease and not be so concerned. Looking forward to some responses. Robert

Hi Everyone! Roadsmith Trikes is here to help with answers to questions or anything else you might need for your Roadsmith Trike. We will be checking this forum regularly and promise to get back to you as quickly as we can. If you need immediate assistance, please don't hesitate to call the main factory number 800-331-0705! Thanks and we look forward to chatting with you!

Wondering where do I find the rotors and hubs for a 12 Harley conversion?? Found a source for the brake parts but they said hub and rotor were after market.

negative camber

I have a 2012 Gold Wing with the RoadSmith trike kit(love it) Notice that both rear tires are wearing on the inside. Is there a fix?

21 Tour

I ordered my Roadsmith Kit last week, what's the wait time generally speaking?

I had asked a question about shoot'n grease into the rear driveshaft, via the grease jurks located under there, and never received an answer..

How often should I shoot (apply) grease into the rear drive shaft????????????

2010 Honda Goldwing (1800)

Thank you!

Ronnie

Springfield, Massachusetts

11/9/22

Love my Roadsmith!!

I have a 2012 Gold Wing with the RoadSmith trike kit(love it) Notice that both rear tires are wearing on the inside. Is there a fix?

My first thought would be to check the condition of your shocks. Looking from the rear, do tires look splayed out on the bottom vs the top?? Might need new shocks or adjust the preload.

I had asked a question about shoot'n grease into the rear driveshaft, via the grease jurks located under there, and never received an answer..

How often should I shoot (apply) grease into the rear drive shaft????????????

2010 Honda Goldwing (1800)

Thank you!

Ronnie

Springfield, Massachusetts

11/9/22

Love my Roadsmith!!

I'm still waiting for a reply, I try to service my R/Smith trike by myself the best I can...So how often should I shoot a load of of grease into those jirks

Thank you

Ronald McClements

"Springfield, Massachusetts"

Can’t remove license plate holder to replace LP

How do you remove the LP holder on the trunk? Been turning those Allen wrench screws but they won’t loosen anything. Need help replacing my LP. Do you go into the trunk or what?

2018 Roadsmith HTS trike steering issues to left

I bought a 2013 GL1800 with Roadsmith HTS # HTS18FB19094 .

Owner let me drive on city road around the house and all seem ok , brought it home kn highway for a 35 mile trip.

Today me and the wife as a passanger , went for a short trip and a slight curve it wouldnt let me turn left and I drove thru a maklbox and post . Got thru that and went to highway on way back home .

Thanks for help .

Rodney

Semi passed us pushing us off to right and again couldnt steer to left , driving off the hiway down and up thru a deep ditch and onto side road to where we stopped .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png