We're Here to Help!

Got the hardcopy ! Really appreciate it.

Now I've got a running light out on the right rear. How do I get to it to change the bulb?

You'll have to remove the tail light assembly, which luckily isn't too difficult.

1. Locate and remove the (3) 8mm nuts behind the light assembly located in the fender well area.
2. The whole assembly should come right out. Depending on the year, you have one of two different tail light assembly packages:

• Amber top/red bottom: This is from model year 2001-2005 GL1800s. Both the upper and lower bulb are the same, p/n: 34906-MBB-611 (clear)
  • Clear top/red bottom: This is from model year 2006-2010 GL1800s. The upper and lower bulb are different. p/n: 34906-MBB-611(clear) and p/n 33303-SAA-003 (amber)

Hopefully this helps, but feel free to let us know if you have any other questions! ThumbUp

Headlight Adjustment

Hello I have a 2015 Wing with HTS kit installed

After conversion, my low beam headlights shine almost straight down. I used the factory adjuster and maxed out the height adjustment. Still shines way low. With the adjuster maxed out at 10, the HIGH beams shine about where the low beams should be. My installer used a 6 degree rake kit and says he installed 2" fork extensions to maintain a level ride. My trike sits lower in the front than the stock bike. This can be felt by my seat position. Feels as if I'm leaning way forward. What can be adjusted to give me the correct headlight projection and how do I raise the ride height in the front ?

Thank You BTW Love the Roadsmith

Jim

Raise front

After conversion, my low beam headlights shine almost straight down. I used the factory adjuster and maxed out the height adjustment. Still shines way low. With the adjuster maxed out at 10, the HIGH beams shine about where the low beams should be. My installer used a 6 degree rake kit and says he installed 2" fork extensions to maintain a level ride. My trike sits lower in the front than the stock bike. This can be felt by my seat position. Feels as if I'm leaning way forward. What can be adjusted to give me the correct headlight projection and how do I raise the ride height in the front ?

Jim

I put progressive springs in front. That helped a little, but front was still low! So I made an 11/4 inch spacer and put it on top of the springs. That raised the front back to original height. The longer wheel base of the Roadsmith puts more weight on the front.

Bruce

Jim

Jim - can you provide me the name of the installing dealer, and if you know, what brand of steering kit was used?

Jim - Roadsmith Trikes

Raise the Front

Not Yet ! I sent a PM to Roadsmith with info per their request.
Didn't want anyone to think I was bashing my installer in any way.
You know how folks like to read something into a post LOL LOL
Anyway, I imagine Roadsmith will contact the installer in due time and report back. I'm going to Bike Week next month, so if not resolved by then I will drop by the Trike Shop and have them take a look see.
Doesn't prevent us from riding in any way, just wanting to make it more comfortable. LOVE MY ROADSMITH
Thanks for the inquiry

Jim

Hey Dawg, if you have to wait until Bike Week, be sure and swing by their TrikeShop there, the installer knows his biz for sure, and the big folks from RS will all be in that little shop. Got my install there, they did a fine job, the installer is a serious guy about his work, he's been there for many RS conversions, so that says "experience".....However, like other m/c shops, they will be slammed at that time.

I have a question if I might. I keep reading and hearing about the GW recall and some say we need to get it done and others says since we have Roadsmith trikes it is not needed. My RS trike kit was installed late 2015 so not sure what to do????

PM sent to Roadsmith

Thanks

Thanks for the note! We've reached out to the dealer and are awaiting any information they can provide. It would be great if you could stop by our location in Daytona Beach so we can inspect the trike in person. We have a store at 410 N. Beach St, and we will also have a satellite location at the Speedway.

Jim

Raise the Front

Jim,

Thanks for your concern. I will be in Daytona March 10th--12th.
I will most definitely stop by the Trike Shop to have my unit inspected.
Who do I contact and what documentation do I need to provide ?
What day do I need to be there ? Beech St. location is good
Thanks Again !!!

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for your concern. I will be in Daytona March 10th--12th.
I will most definitely stop by the Trike Shop to have my unit inspected.
Who do I contact and what documentation do I need to provide ?
What day do I need to be there ? Beech St. location is good
Thanks Again !!!

Jim

Jim - please stop by the 410 N. Beach St location. Pretty much any employee there can look at the trike and determine whether the ride height is correct or not. If not at the right height, we will come up with a plan to get it fixed.

Jim

Ride Heigth----Follow Up

Went by the Trike Shop today for an inspection

They went over the complete unit and stated that all was good to go
Must be my OLE BUTT !!!!!
They did adjust the mufflers some to get them even and straight

Don and Doug are 2 great guys and were very concerned that I might have an issue
I left well satisfied and even picked up some additional info in reference to tires,air pressure,shock settings, differential and spline maintenance, etc.
Appreciate the time and attention given
Good to know folks like them are still around.

Jim

shock springs

Hi Everyone! Roadsmith Trikes is here to help with answers to questions or anything else you might need for your Roadsmith Trike. We will be checking this forum regularly and promise to get back to you as quickly as we can. If you need immediate assistance, please don't hesitate to call the main factory number 800-331-0705! Thanks and we look forward to chatting with you!

Glad to meet you RS !! We recently purchased a 2007 Goldwing trike (Roadsmith kit). Before this purchase we owned a 2002 trike (Lehman kit).

We love the independent suspension ...a real comfortable ride. We've had it out a total of 4 times since the purchase in May and already a couple of things have arisen. Took it out of the garage yesterday hoping to get a ride in and there was oil on the floor. Pinion seal was leaking and we're in the process now of getting/replacing that.

While under the trike, my hubby noticed that the shock springs have been rubbing on the inside of the tires to the point of rubbing the letters off!!

These are original tires put on by Roadsmith dealer in Rome, GA in 2009. Bike has 37,000 miles on it and no idea how long this rubbing has been going on. Recommended air pressure per manual is 35.

Our Lehman ran 20...big difference. That's neither here nor there as kits are completely different in many ways but thinking 35 was a lot.

Is this a problem that has ever been brought to your attention? What can a person do to remedy?

Looks like two new tires go on the list along with the pinion seal. Disappointed....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png