Roadsmith Comfort Contols - peg lowering on a Goldwing

Anyone have some guidance to offer on the peg lowering kit offered by Roadsmith? Are they reliable, particularly on the left shift side will all of the linkage involved? Long term quality product? Comfortable? Please let me have it!

I have them on my 2009 GW that has a Champion Kit and the aqua shields from Champion and heal toe shifter with floorboards. I had them installed when Wing Ding was here in Fort Wayne, last summer. I was the first customer there and they had never done one with the lower shields. Everything went well on the brake side but on the shifter side they was having problems with the lower shifter position clearing the aqua shield, as it would hit the shield when you downshifted. They tried all the adjustments within the linkage but it still would not clear. There were only two options, either remove the entire control set and go back to stock or cut a notch into the shield for the shifter to enter about a 1/2 inch downward movement. I told them to cut the notch. It worked well and I do enjoy the lower and forward foot movement. I had to try different additions to get extra lift on my brake pedal, so I could get on the brakes faster with my floorboard set up. As for the notch, it couldn't even be seen but it bothered me so I found the inner soft rubber gasket from a two cell master brake cylinder and cut out the one rubber cup, it is about the sixe of a silver dollar, then removed the shifter arm and enlarge the notch to about that size and glued in the black rubber cup, Once the shifter was installed it looks like factory modification. The shifter now drops into the soft rubber cup on downshifts, and the cup keeps out any dirt or water. I have pictures if you need them.

Anyone have some guidance to offer on the peg lowering kit offered by Roadsmith? Are they reliable, particularly on the left shift side will all of the linkage involved? Long term quality product? Comfortable? Please let me have it!

Used the Comfort Controls to move the foot controls down and forward so that I could use the running boards for my feet. They are well made. You shouldn't have any problem with them.

In my opinion the 'Comfort Controls' really do make a difference in your foot placement. Although your legs are not stretched out as they are with the Harleys, I can say that with the Comfort Controls, your feet are in a more 'natural' position and not as cramped and bent as they were with the standard configuration.

When I picked up my trike, I had already ordered the Comfort Controls to be installed. I purposely sat on another GW trike they had on site and then back on mine. The difference was definitely noticeable. Granted, these are not cheap by any means. And I'm sure each one of us has their own definition of what level of comfort they're willing to pay for. For me, these new comfort controls tipped the scales in favor of going with a GoldWing as I never felt comfortable with the stock foot position even on my previous Valkyrie trike.

In my continuing quest to make my Wing as comfortable as possible, I've removed my floor boards and the heel/toe shifter (which causes an old hip injury to flare up when shifting with my heel). This gives me more room to stretch out my legs while still having my feet close to the shifter and brake. Roadsmith said that they have had prior questions such as mine regarding the Comfort Controls and removing the heel/toe shifter to do all shifting with your toes. It works perfectly and gives me even more leg room to stretch out.

My Comfort Controls have worked flawlessly from day one with and now without the floor boards and heel/toe shifter!
ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png