Ongoing 2014 Tri-Glide build-out, lots of pics and thoughts on the differences

Explain the rear to the front for me.

I'm new to this what do you mean the rear to the front? I have a trike but, are you speaking a rear tire of a two wheeler put on the front?

Thanks,

You are correct. You get the rear tire in the correct siz and mount it on the front. Most folks are running it backwards as well. They have directional arrows to indicate the direction of travel. Mount it so that it turns backwards. The new Rushmore tires have a harder center compound and a softer side. WE don't need the side compound but the harder compound will give you more mileage as well as having more tread.

Good luck
Steve

I ended up using the same combo that served us well on the 2011 TG. Triple Traps for the Pegs and Trap Shift peg for the heel rest. Mary painted them with the "chrome" paint...but they don't really match. They are not as poorly matched in person...the camera with the flash really does them no favors. lol

This is a proven set-up, the pegs rotate with firm pressure for endless foot and leg positions. So I know I'll be comfortable, as some point I may chrome them or give them some other finish.

Kevin; I must be a complete buffoon, as I could not find this set up for sale on you web sit. Tell me how to locate..... my knees and back would like something like this, thanks. DK

Kevin; I just copied each of the links and give it to my better 1/2 for X-Mass. Maybe she will stop asking, what do you want for X-Mas.

Thanks for all your help DJ

Did the clear coat hold up ?

I'd like to do the same.

What Montgomery said about the EITMS.

Clear coat I used was Rustoleum Acrylic Enamel Crystal Clear.

I've ridden in the rain several times since, and they just wipe clean with some pledge. No Stains! :pepper:

Only question now, is how will it hold up over time.

If you do just the tank lift, it raise the front but not the back, if you use the Deluxe option, it does raise the rear of the tank 1/2", so depending on how you sit, the extra 1/2" higher may make the tank hit your thighs more.

Myself, I never have had an issue with my thighs hitting the tank in normal riding. Taking corners fast, (with or without a tank lift) I will pinch the tank between my thighs to help stay in place. :)

Yeah, this is interesting, because the EITMS on-off does have a place to adjust for engine temp in the Power Vision on the 14's, BUT, the EITMS seems to be kicking on via the ambient temps. Still gotta chase this info down with Harley.

Kevin

I'd like to do the same.

Do it!

Some painters tape, good cleaning, and then some rattle can clear.

It's been almost 2 years and it is holding up well. There are a couple of chips in it (likely from gravel roads traveled in Canada) and there are a couple of spots that stained. But cleaning is a breeze now compared to before! :)

Kevin

What's girst

So I have a 2010 to I bought used.
What is first thing Do?
Exhaust
Muffler

How can I tell if:
I still have original exhaust and mufflers
If I still have a cat converterror

- - - Updated - - -

What is first thing Do?
Exhaust
Muffler

How can I tell if:

What is first thing Do?
Exhaust
Muffler

How can I tell if:

Hi Ray,

Congrats on your new to you Trike!

What to do first is always a personal preference.

Many folks start with Comfort mods first, others with performance or heat reductions mods first.

Sounds like you want to start with the exhaust. The slip-on mufflers can make a nice difference in the sound. There are many, many to choose from. Almost all of them will benefit from being paired with some Thunder Torque Inserts. They will deepen the tone a bit and will give you more low & mid range power.

Stock slip-ons will look like this at the ends, no aftermarket mufflers look like this at the end (with that sloped angle leading up to the inner hole-

s-l500.jpg

The two slip-ons I like best on the Touring/Trike models are seen in the two following videos-

Modifying the stock exhaust, like in the video above, gives a good sound (to me), it is very loud, and produces exceptionally good power.

The Hi Rollers in the video above is what I've been running the last 13,000 miles. It is not as loud, but it is Very deep, and Mary likes it, and I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. The power is good.

For the headers. It will not be easy to tell if your catalytic converter has been removed without taking the heat shields off to look for a window cut-out...or pulling the right side muffler off and looking up the header to see if it is still there.

Removing the cat makes very little sound or performance difference. However, it will lower the temperature being radiated by the headers.

If you want to get rid of the cat in the stock headers, that would be the benefit...reducing felt heat.

If you want to replace the headers, the Power Duals are a good looking header (to me) and they perform well. Another good option is the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 header. Neither one of them have a catalytic converter in them.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

thanks,. Got down there today and my mufflers are screaming eagles. Can't see any model but they have screaming eagle engraved on them. Going out tomorrow to pick up an infrared thermometer. Want to get some temp readings so I can figure all this out.

after i work this heat/power issue, gonna see about your lift kit. Reading your site, I'm not sure the difference between the two choices. I run one up (200lbs) all week back and forth to work, but always run 2 up me plus the wife (no way putting a number here, but it's over 100)

one thing at a time..I'm not that rich.

again thanks

thanks,. Got down there today and my mufflers are screaming eagles. Can't see any model but they have screaming eagle engraved on them. Going out tomorrow to pick up an infrared thermometer. Want to get some temp readings so I can figure all this out.

after i work this heat/power issue, gonna see about your lift kit. Reading your site, I'm not sure the difference between the two choices. I run one up (200lbs) all week back and forth to work, but always run 2 up me plus the wife (no way putting a number here, but it's over 100)

one thing at a time..I'm not that rich.

again thanks

Both the Standard Lift & the Comfort Lift Kit replaces the stock shock mounts of your Harley Trike. It gives an increase of 1.25" at the shocks and 1.6" at the rear of the bike.

The Comfort Lift also slightly changes the angle of the shocks rearward on the swingarm. The suspension now absorbs more of the smaller and larger road imperfections, resulting in less of the bumps being passed on to the rider and passenger.

Net result is a Smoother, Plusher ride.

Kevin

Both the Standard Lift & the Comfort Lift Kit replaces the stock shock mounts of your Harley Trike. It gives an increase of 1.25" at the shocks and 1.6" at the rear of the bike.

The Comfort Lift also slightly changes the angle of the shocks rearward on the swingarm. The suspension now absorbs more of the smaller and larger road imperfections, resulting in less of the bumps being passed on to the rider and passenger.

Net result is a Smoother, Plusher ride.

Kevin

are these hard to install? anything special needed?

I have a 2010 Tri Glide and am interested in getting rid of some heat. I stopped at HD to ask about where my cat would be located and I was told 201 didn't have cats...bike was sold by HD in Maryland...could that be true?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png