Back in the Game

Hello to one & all. I'm Jim McCarty, 68 yrs, live in Thomson, Ga. near Augusta.
I've owned a few (5) trikes over the years. Couple of years ago I felt like I'd had enough. I'm retired, all my riding buddies either still work or decided to get out of biking. So, I gave it up too. Now, I feel that I may have at least one last Hurrah left & want to use it seeing some of the Country. I'd love to join some others, hopefully camping, & go to Alaska.
Buying me a 99 Wing with a CSC kit. Of course it's Red. Now I need to add a few things to make it mine. First off, I want to add a GPS. Which models have the earphone out plug so I can tie it in to my intercom? One of the Nuvi's will work for me.
Also looking for a Camper. Partial to either an Aspen or a Bunkhouse.
If anyone has any rides or get togethers I can make it to, I'm ready.
Thanks

:xzqxz::xzqxz: Welcome back Jim!! It's not often someone make the choice you have but I'm glad to hear you have....

There must be a bunch of trike riders living around you so you should be able to hook up easily. You have a pretty ambitious bucket list so I expect you will be busy..

Have you been following the Eureka Springs Reunion thread? It might be a bit late to make plans but if you are free we love to have you.

Again, welcome back. :xszpv::xszpv:

Welcome bake. Great to see you want to get back into trikes. I think we all enjoy taking a trike and doing a few things that make it ours. When I bought mine it had just about every extra you could want on it. I spent many nights searching websites till I found a few things that it didn't have and I put them on there to "make it mine". I look forward to the day I retire so the wife and I can spend lots of time on the trike. I have a Timeout camper and love it. The best thing is that it is all up off the ground so when you get in a downpour you don't have to worry about water creeping up into the camper (unless it get a couple feet deep). I wish you luck in finding a camper a some folks to ride with. I belong to the Christian Motorcyclists Association and have made friends all over the country. Check out your local chapter and see when they ride. Again, welcome back.
:clapping::pepper::clapping::pepper::clapping::pepper::clapping::pepper::clapping::pepper:

Gold Rush & BayouDave, thanks for the replies.
Yeah, my "bucket list" is a bit ambitious, but if I plan for a lot & only accomplish a little, I'll still have had a good time. The Rockies, Alaska, & Pacific Coast are 3 I'd love to see. Just need to get started before I run out of time.
At my age & health, I don't care to venture too far alone. My wife still works, so I'm looking to join some others on trips. I've been watching a site about a Professor from University of Florida that leads a group ride to Alaska each year. That's an option if I can't hook up with someone that's camping.
I've been to Niagara Falls, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone. Plenty of things to see & do here in the USA.
GR, I'll look in to the Eureka Springs thing. Thanks.......

Gold Rush & BayouDave, thanks for the replies.
Yeah, my "bucket list" is a bit ambitious, but if I plan for a lot & only accomplish a little, I'll still have had a good time. The Rockies, Alaska, & Pacific Coast are 3 I'd love to see. Just need to get started before I run out of time.
At my age & health, I don't care to venture too far alone. My wife still works, so I'm looking to join some others on trips. I've been watching a site about a Professor from University of Florida that leads a group ride to Alaska each year. That's an option if I can't hook up with someone that's camping.
I've been to Niagara Falls, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone. Plenty of things to see & do here in the USA.
GR, I'll look in to the Eureka Springs thing. Thanks.......

Welcome back to trikes Jim. Can't help you much with the ride I am a Harley guy. My wife and I do not camp but ride about 15 k a year. Try going to the memebrs list and try PMing member in Ga that also ride Wings. Hang in there people will see your post. It's just a busy time with alot of members getting ready for the forum rally. I like your bucket list just make it happen.

Ted

WELCOME BACK....Sometimes a lot of Members lack the answer(s) to Your Questions....Great to see the responses now.....There is an Online Company called "Tiger GPS" that also list a phone number. These Folks are "GPS Gurus", and can answer most any GPS question....if all else fails, call em' ....;)ThumbUp

Howdy from Western New York State!

Sometimes this site is a little slow but not slow on friendship! I use a Garmin Zumo 665 myself. The Nuvi is not necessarily MC durability and not necessarily waterproof. Of course any GPS can be waterproof inside a plastic cover but not vibration proof...

I ride a Yamaha RSV with a Hannigan conversion but I also like CSC but they aren't available for Yamaha. Wings are nice rides too!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png