Ride-on Tire Sealant

Apr 26, 2014
Woodland Park, CO
I came across a tire-sealant that commercial truckers use called Ride-on. Has anyone used it and if so, how does it work?

Does it work better in the rear tires than the front tires?

Thanks.

Keith

I don't use it myself, But quite a few Can-Am spyder owners swear by it, And its used on all 3 tires, Some say It even balances the tires to the point that they can remove the wheel weights... :Shrug:

Been using it for years. Absolutely fanstatic!
However, at this time, since Honda uses "unprotected" sensors in their TPMS, you are not to use RideOn, if so equipped!!
Equally good for both front and rear. As a matter of fact, good for any inflatable tire on any vehicle you may have!!!!
If installed as per instructions, it stays on the inner periphery of the tire and does not "get" on anything else! So, don't let anyone tell you it will corrode the rims. Doesn't happen!!!!!!

I came across a tire-sealant that commercial truckers use called Ride-on. Has anyone used it and if so, how does it work?

Does it work better in the rear tires than the front tires?

Thanks.

Keith

My partner has it in his Spyder and he swears by it. I, on the other hand, put it in the rear wheels of my trike and anything past 80km/h the trike shook violently. I ended up getting it taken out and the tyres completely cleaned out, a very expensive exercise overall. I hate it and would not recommend it to anyone. I even queried the shaking with the manufacturer and they never had the decency to reply!

My neighbor at first thought it was great, his trike sat idle for about a year and it locked up in place, could hardly drive it back to the shop... yes it was a mess to remove and had already etched his aluminum rims.... only way he salvaged his rims / tubes in tub-less tires with Dyna Beads...

I'll never use any liquid sealer in tires, other than my garden tractor / mower with tubes - my trike doesn't run over stickers & thorns !!!

:AGGHH:

In my experience, I've used it in every bike & my trike for several years now. Follow the dosing amounts for tire size, as posted on their website, and it's made for a great ride for me, at any speed.

I carry a patch & plug kit..... and a cartridge inflator.... only used it once and worked like a charm....

I carry a can of Fix A Flat. Hope I never need it, but will use it in case of an emergency. I don't want any sticky gook in my tires.

I had it on my trike that I put 50k on it with the ride on installed. I liked it. Had no issues. Yes I would imagine if you let it sit for a year you would have a problem, but for those who ride then it should work well.

Ive used Ride-On in every bike Ive owned since 2000 or so.
Its saved my bacon on more then one occasion with a nail or 2 in a rear bike tire.
Yes it can be a bit messy if overdosed when changing tires.
Cleaning the rim is not fun.
But its water soluble and will clean up.
If the bikes used more then sits. The tire itself is coated in the centerish for the most part.
I have heard that some folks aluminum wheels have corroded a little from it.
That hasn't been my experience.
I do use it primarily as a balancing agent.
The possible plugging of a puncture is a plus but not what I count on.
With the trike I use Dyna Beads.
My cars too.

Id recommend it...........................a lot of anecdotal stories abound.
None in my experience using it.

Now products like Tire Goop.
Pure crap and Ill never go near it again.

My partner has it in his Spyder and he swears by it. I, on the other hand, put it in the rear wheels of my trike and anything past 80km/h the trike shook violently. I ended up getting it taken out and the tyres completely cleaned out, a very expensive exercise overall. I hate it and would not recommend it to anyone. I even queried the shaking with the manufacturer and they never had the decency to reply!
About the only way this could happen is if the Shelf Life of this product was exceeded prior to installation! Or the product was not RideOn?
BTW, the product has anti-corrosion substance in it.
As stated before, if installed per instructions and then ridden to properly disperse the product on the inside of the tire, it will not get on the rim.
Also, in bikes that I "put up" in the fall and never moved until spring the material remained in it's intended "state" and did not settle to the bottom.
This is not a product to "carry" and then install after the flat!
Also, fix-a-flat is really a sticky/gooy product!!!!!!
'nough said from me

Ive used Ride-On in every bike Ive owned since 2000 or so.
Its saved my bacon on more then one occasion with a nail or 2 in a rear bike tire.
Yes it can be a bit messy if overdosed when changing tires.
Cleaning the rim is not fun.
But its water soluble and will clean up.
If the bikes used more then sits. The tire itself is coated in the centerish for the most part.
I have heard that some folks aluminum wheels have corroded a little from it.
That hasn't been my experience.
I do use it primarily as a balancing agent.
The possible plugging of a puncture is a plus but not what I count on.
With the trike I use Dyna Beads.
My cars too.

Id recommend it...........................a lot of anecdotal stories abound.
None in my experience using it.

Now products like Tire Goop.
Pure crap and Ill never go near it again.

I use Ride-On in all three wheels of my 2006 GL1800 RoadSmith along with the Ride-On LED TPMS. Makes for a very secure feeling on a long road trip. Last week my front tire went flat on the interstate and GWRRA roadside insurance hauled me to a dealer who replaced the front tire - noting that the problem was not the Ride-On sealant but a faulty valve stem with a broken grommet. I viewed the tire and saw that the sealant was only on the area of the tire that contacts the road surface and not on the inside of the rim - which I ascribe to my use of the recommended dosage. Ride-On says the sealant works as a balancer as well as a sealant. I believe it as I have experienced no wobble, shakes or uneven wear after almost 10,000 miles. I also have a farm tractor and a commercial mower in which I use Slime - not a balancer, but I see frequent green pinpoints on the tires indicating thorn pricks that have sealed rather than leaving me stuck in a remote area. I LOVE both of them! :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Konrad
Slime may very well work as implied.
Ive never used it.
I used a product named Tire Goop once in the rear bike tire of my RoadStar.
I don't believe its on the market anymore and for good reason.
It sucked.
When we removed the rear bike tire to mount a light truck tire.
That crap came out all over my friends tire machine and the floor.
It stayed a liquid for 2 years + in the tire.
It took me about an hour to remove it all from my rim, his machine and the floor..
Blacker crap you never saw and it went in as a gray liquid.

Ride-On.
On the other hand, as you said more or less coats the inner center part of the tire.
Not so much the rim or the sides of the tire.
Put in the right amount.
Immediately go for a short ride and centrifugal force does the rest.
At the moment only my RoadStars rear tire has Ride-On in it.
Its been 3 plus years.
It has sealed 2 small punctures from picking up roofing nails.
I have no clue as to its longevity.
But its all that's balancing my rear tire.

Since I bought the trike used.
I have no clue what if anything is in the tires.
None have any lead weights that Ive seen??
Im hesitant to add anything at this time.
Until new tires are in order.
I do use Dyna beads in my car.
I have both Ride-On in a gallon jug and 24 ounces of beads on hand.
I also should mention.
I use the automotive blend in both.
As my bike has a Light Truck tire on the rear and a rear bike on the front.
Double Dark.

So I mix and match depending on whos getting what tires.
I will in probability use the Ride-On in all 3 trike tires when the time comes.
I have a lot of faith in it.

Used Ride-on in my last 2 Ultras and now my TG. Only issue I've had is when I forgot to tell my tire guy about it when he mounted a new tire. It IS messy but works.

o~\o

- - - Updated - - -

Used Ride-on in my last 2 Ultras and now my TG. Only issue I've had is when I forgot to tell my tire guy about it when he mounted a new tire. It IS messy but works.

o~\o

o~\o

- - - Updated - - -

o~\o
What was the "mess", if I may ask?? It should stay in the tire and there should be absolutely no mess when tire is changed!!!!!

I have used it for the last three years no flats and tires stay balanced, but if it sets for awhile it will take a few miles to get redistributed when you start to ride; it will make your front wheel shake a little but it settles down in a couple miles. mine is in the tubes not tubeless tires. I guess it works ok .

I have used it for the last three years no flats and tires stay balanced, but if it sets for awhile it will take a few miles to get redistributed when you start to ride; it will make your front wheel shake a little but it settles down in a couple miles. mine is in the tubes not tubeless tires. I guess it works ok .
Interesting comment. I also live in Indiana so, my trike sits idle for quite some time in the winter. I have never experienced what you describe:Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png