Loud pipes are TOO loud!

Mar 6, 2009
Clinton, NC USA
I had installed Rinehart 3&1/4" Black slip on mufflers (2000-06) on my trike. 1st off the freakin things do what sounds like a chirp noise when idling. Going down the road it sounds freakin good. Another dislike is they are way louder than what I removed. Ive an Ultima 113 for power and what Im looking for is short baffles. Quiet baffles I believe they're called. The larger diameter of the baffle has to be 2.00 to 2.125. Any one know of a baffle that I can get on short notice. Have a run coming up and really dont want to have to wear ear plugs.

DK Thunder Torque Inserts..
I couldn't stand the loud slip-on's [rush 175's] It took only 15 minutes to install them.
Sounds great and no angry neighbors...ThumbUp

Rinehart has a so called quiet baffle. Seems they welded a smaller baffle inside of the standard baffle. The churp will be gone but pitch is higher at all speeds than standard Rinehart baffle. Bonus: Much more low end torque. I have run both for years and prefer the so called "quiet" version.

DK Thunder Torque Inserts..
I couldn't stand the loud slip-on's [rush 175's] It took only 15 minutes to install them.
Sounds great and no angry neighbors...ThumbUp

I will agree with this one. After stage 4 motor mods, my V&H High Output mufflers sounded like cannons. The first day with them, my next door neighbors, who ride also, came out of their house as I was warming up for a ride in the driveway because they thought a helicopter was landing in the street! Seriously!! It didn't bother me, but my Sweet BOB (Babe On Back) was not happy with her new headaches after each ride. Not so much the noise, which was very very deep, but the concussion vibrating her whole brain. Ear plugs and 3/4 helmet did not help. I did the Thunder Torque inserts as recommended by another thread here somewhere. Fixed the issue and works great, and I am happy with the sound. No effect on performance at all and BOB is very happy now... which translates into me being happy and relieved also. If I ever go on a long solo ride and wanna take 'em out for some reason, just takes a coupla minutes. It did make me wince to drill a hole into the sides of a $900 set of mufflers, but worth it for a happy BOB.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png