Ironhead Servicar questions

Hi all, new to the forum. I go by OX. anyways...

I am in the saving and planning stage of my build and was looking for specifics. To start I have a 1000cc Ironhead powerplant. I am going to get a hardtail servicar custom made to fit an ironhead engine.
The thing i was wondering is what rake do you all recomend I have him make it?? stock servi car rake is 23 degrees... Also have any other frame recomendations you can give me before i put my deposit down and ok final plans.....????

Cheers
OX

I had a Servicar 45 flat-head trike back in the '80s. The frame was stock with Sportster forks and triple trees. It had a stock rake although I never measured it but it handled good, no issues with wobble or flop and it went down the road straight, cornered good too. I've kicked myself in the head a hundred times for selling it but I was younger then and preferred two wheelers.

Welcome glad you joined us. Sorry no help with your question, but sure the Harley guys can help you out. RIDE SAFE

I have built one just like you discribed It was a 66 frame and a juiced out 75 1000 cc motor The neck on the frame was shorter for the triple tree and I put in spacers above the bearing To do over I would make sure the treads on the triple tree matched the tube Rake depends on length of fork tubes My tubes were 4 inch over Have a picture but never checked on rake With tubes like this I would suggest around 30 degrees but would check with someone else When finished it looked very good Hope this is a help:(

Hi all, new to the forum. I go by OX. anyways...

I am in the saving and planning stage of my build and was looking for specifics. To start I have a 1000cc Ironhead powerplant. I am going to get a hardtail servicar custom made to fit an ironhead engine.
The thing i was wondering is what rake do you all recomend I have him make it?? stock servi car rake is 23 degrees... Also have any other frame recomendations you can give me before i put my deposit down and ok final plans.....????

Cheers
OX

rake is not as important as the trail you end up with...
you might be okay with 23 deg i would think that would be border line
personally i like about 1.5 - 2.5 inchs of trail i feel much over that becomes more of a chore than a joy for a long ride... so you may want to look at a set of raked trees as well....
depending on what sort of riding you plan on doing and spending $ to have a custom made frame you might want to consider a different motor
just my 3 pennies worth
stace

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png