Need some rear tire help!

Jun 24, 2013
Broadalbin NY US
Hello my follower trikers, I have seen many threads on this subject but have not found what I'm looking for. I have a 2005 Honda Goldwing Trike (CSC) needing rear tires. Presently the rears are Sigma Supremes TR M&S P205/60R15 90T which have been discontinued, so I'm looking for tires to replace them. Would truly appreciate your help with replacement tires, thanks

Hello my follower trikers, I have seen many threads on this subject but have not found what I'm looking for. I have a 2005 Honda Goldwing Trike (CSC) needing rear tires. Presently the rears are Sigma Supremes TR M&S P205/60R15 90T which have been discontinued, so I'm looking for tires to replace them. Would truly appreciate your help with replacement tires, thanks

There are many good tires out there to suit almost every budget so a lot depends on what you want to spend.

The main consideration on a trike, IMO, is the ability to disperse water to prevent hydroplaning. Past that it's like choosing the brand of oil to use.LOL.

Personally, when I replace my tires on my RS in the next couple of months I'm planning on using Michelin's MXV4. YMMV.

There are many good tires out there to suit almost every budget so a lot depends on what you want to spend.

The main consideration on a trike, IMO, is the ability to disperse water to prevent hydroplaning. Past that it's like choosing the brand of oil to use.LOL.

Personally, when I replace my tires on my RS in the next couple of months I'm planning on using Michelin's MXV4. YMMV.
Michelin HYDROEDGE Tire - P205/60R15 90T BSW
Hey thanks for the input, I also have been thinking of the hydroplaning issue. Found these thinking of giving them a shot.

Michelin HYDROEDGE Tire - P205/60R15 90T BSW
Hey thanks for the input, I also have been thinking of the hydroplaning issue. Found these thinking of giving them a shot.

This is our go to tire store Discount Tire here in Texas but they will ship Free to your home or business. This is their Direct Online Store:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...r=60&rd=15&counter=0&fl=&sortBy=prca&fqs=true

I have the Kumho KR21's on my Roadsmith as they came with the kit and they may be there for a very long time as they are 85,000 mile warranty tires!!!

Here is NTB's selection:

http://www.ntb.com/tires/TiresBySiz...60-15&rearTireSize=&recommendType=TiresBySize

Good Luck...:clapping:

This is our go to tire store Discount Tire here in Texas but they will ship Free to your home or business. This is their Direct Online Store:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...r=60&rd=15&counter=0&fl=&sortBy=prca&fqs=true

I have the Kumho KR21's on my Roadsmith as they came with the kit and they may be there for a very long time as they are 85,000 mile warranty tires!!!

Here is NTB's selection:

http://www.ntb.com/tires/TiresBySiz...60-15&rearTireSize=&recommendType=TiresBySize

Good Luck...:clapping:

Hey thanks for the info! will check the site out for sure.

Don't know much about trikes but was wondering if you had tire trouble, can you go to Walmart and have one repaired or replaced? (Most every town has a Walmart)

My current tires were bought & installed at a WalMart. I don't remember the brand, I was looking at tread pattern. I did remove the wheels for them, their tire guy couldn't find a phillips-head screwdriver large enough to remove the center cap from the wheels. :confused: Needless to say I was there to watch the entire mounting process.

I decided to go with the Mich. Defenders got them on the bike tonight, wasn't able to take a long ride. Now to find the right tire pressure that works. Any ideas on a starting point for the pressure, have put 23 pounds in them..

I know next to zero regarding the + or - of the various brands. What I do know is my 2012 Motor Trike IRS kit came with "Fuzion Touring" rear tires. After about 12,000 miles, they have served well and still look like new. I have no idea of price or availability. Just throwing out another alternative. Good luck with your tire search/purchase. ThumbUp

While my 2013 CSC only has 20,000 miles on the Cooper tires that came as OEM, I think when the time comes to replace them, I'll contact CSC to see what they are currently using and what their recommendations may be! I think they will have an interest in helping me get the best out of a trike manufactured by them!

:):):):)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png