Maggie Valley 2015

Would you be coming Bob?

Yes, I would really like to try to make it. I had a great time in Eureka springs this year & I have read about how nice Maggie Valley is but I've never been there. I could maybe incorporate it into a trip back to my home town of Elyria, Ohio that I didn't get back to this year.
Anyway that was just my personal preferance as far as the time of year. I'll just wait to see what you all come up with.

As a local (just over the mountain from Maggie Valley) October is real pretty with the leave change. However early to mid September would probably work better as far as getting a break on room rates as this tends to be a slow period in the motel business. Labor day weekend would be my vote as it is still warm enough to be able to ride all the great mountain roads.
Just my 2 cents. That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at Mickey D'S.

As a local (just over the mountain from Maggie Valley) October is real pretty with the leave change. However early to mid September would probably work better as far as getting a break on room rates as this tends to be a slow period in the motel business. Labor day weekend would be my vote as it is still warn enough to be able to ride all the great mountain roads.
Just my 2 cents. That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at Mickey D'S.

Agree with MTN RIDER, can get cold in the mountains in October. Leaves turn sooner in higher elevations, picture taken October last year from back porch, elevation only 1300ft.

adjust_zps45a9c4ed.jpg

September or October would be good. Don't think you'll see much color change until October. We were in PA early last October and the colors were just starting.

Leaf peeping starts up here 1st week in October. Imagine even latter down there. Depending on how soon u drop the hammer on a date will determine if we can come. I need 5 or 6 month lead time.

Maybe someone local could use this year as a gage as to how the temps will be and when the leaves start turning. Also take a look at what prices the motel rooms are going for ??

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png