Maggie Valley 2015

How do y'all feel about the cookout menu? Last 2 times it was grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans and I forget what else maybe potato salad? I know there were also some good deserts but I'm not a desert eater so I don't remember what they were. Am I forgetting anything? It was the same caterer at the Wheels cookout and the Best Western cookout and I thought they did a good job, plenty of food, fair price and it wasn't bad at all. We don't have to go with hamburgers and hot dogs we can do BBQ or Chicken. We could even see about borrowing a big smoker and smoking up a bunch of Boston Butts. Tell me what y'all think.

Sounds good to me. I thought the last one went really well. Looking forward to it. Good friends, Good roads, Good food what else do we need?

Well, good weather would be nice, but the 3 "Goods" above, especially #'s 1 & 3 will make for a great trip.
Tried to book a room at the Best Western in Maggie Valley today, but had some discrepancy on the room prices. To cover the bases, I PM'd and emailed Zook as the quote I got was slightly different than posted. No matter, we are planning on going, and will get a room regardless.
Only 9 months and 18 days until we head to the Smokies! :clapping: (But who's counting.):D

Well, good weather would be nice, but the 3 "Goods" above, especially #'s 1 & 3 will make for a great trip.
Tried to book a room at the Best Western in Maggie Valley today, but had some discrepancy on the room prices. To cover the bases, I PM'd and emailed Zook as the quote I got was slightly different than posted. No matter, we are planning on going, and will get a room regardless.
Only 9 months and 18 days until we head to the Smokies! :clapping: (But who's counting.):D

Don,
I called the GM and he was in a meeting, but will calling me back this afternoon....Same guy I have dealt with for years now. As far as I know you are the only one who was misquoted. They have a new front desk manager at that property so this may be the problem.

What has everyone else here been quoted? Feedback please...
Thanks,
Zook

For the "scouting party" had no luck getting $65 rate when calling front desk at motel in Maggie Valley, but no problem when I called the 1-800 number. Might be easier to just call the 800 number.

For the "scouting party" had no luck getting $65 rate when calling front desk at motel in Maggie Valley, but no problem when I called the 1-800 number. Might be easier to just call the 800 number.

Did you tell them you were with Trike Talk? If you don't you're gonna get charged $100 a night because it's the week of Labor Day (Monday 7th).

Did you tell them you were with Trike Talk? If you don't you're gonna get charged $100 a night because it's the week of Labor Day (Monday 7th).
Yes, front desk was going to check on $65 rate and call me back. Didn't get return call. Called 800 number and they knew about the TrikeTalk rate and gave us the discount right away.:)

Don,
I called the GM and he was in a meeting, but will calling me back this afternoon....Same guy I have dealt with for years now. As far as I know you are the only one who was misquoted. They have a new front desk manager at that property so this may be the problem.

Thanks,
Zook

$65.....ThumbUp

I'm thinking we may want to consider having another cookout at Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum. Dale and Matt always roll out the red carpet for us and their place is a must see. Feedback?

Yes, please!! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Don,

Thanks,
Zook

I didn't ask about the rate when I called, just told them I was with TrikeTalk and "assumed" they'd know what to charge. I'll call this week and verify though! Thanks!!

Just called the Best Western in Maggie Valley. I opend with saying I needed to reserve a room for the Trike Talk Reunion in September. We almost had a "Here's Your Sign" moment when she asked, "Next year?" but she went right on asking if I was coming in on the 7th and checking out on the 11th or if my stay would be longer or shorter. Quoted me the $65 rate for all nights and gave me the total including tax, which is a bit lower than I thought it would be. I am used to higher taxes, loging/entertainment fees and other ways to seperate a visitor from thier money. I'll chalk up the earlier confusion to a new person at the desk, no big thing now that we are booked.

Gloria and I even talked about where to stay on the way there and back, to go by way of the Cherohala both ways or go around the north side of the Smokies either there or back and if we should take 2 or 3 days back, going on a longer ride while getting home.
Just a little advance planning - after all there is only 9 months and 289 days until we head to the Smokies.

BTW - We were given a room with 2 Queen beds. She said that is all they had left. Must be filling up pretty good!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png