Maggie Valley 2015

We enjoyed the event so much, we're still here in maggie valley until tues. Thanks Zook and crew for putting it together. We added many new biker friends. My new phone doesnt give the option to post pics, we have a few from our Monday Rattler ride that we will post when we get home.
Jan & John

129 Dragon Photos

For those who rode the dragon, here are the links to the venders photographs. May have to page forward or back to find yours
The first 2 links have 2 sets of photos for your trike, page forward to see second set. Last 2 only 1 set each.
http://killboy.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=9660376&g=04RK02KI04
http://xtremesportsphotography.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=9665353&g=0QAK024307
http://129slayer.com/129Slayer/129Slayer.com_Photo_Store_information.html go to 9-8-2015 1:30 PM on timeline.
http://moonshinephoto.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=9665239&g=0CVY01BN03 :D

Wife am I made it home at 6:30 EST 5:30 our time ran in to rain in Bowling Green KY and had rain and wind rest of the way home. Was the first time that I have been to a TTG and it was one of the best times that we have had on the trike everyone was great and Friendly Randy and Marge and all did a great job. The motel was really great. the rides were fun. We went to Cherokee one day and when leaving saw a big herd of Elk at the edge of town, now that was something. the only complained I had was getting hustled buy a couple of Card Sharks that talked me in to playing a new card game and took all my money. Stan won my 4 quarters LOL had a great time talking will playing. All in all had one great time Thanks to Everyone there that made us Welcome. Great Group of Riders

The Boss.jpgELK herd.jpg

Wife am I made it home at 6:30 EST 5:30 our time ran in to rain in Bowling Green KY and had rain and wind rest of the way home. Was the first time that I have been to a TTG and it was one of the best times that we have had on the trike everyone was great and Friendly Randy and Marge and all did a great job. The motel was really great. the rides were fun. We went to Cherokee one day and when leaving saw a big herd of Elk at the edge of town, now that was something. the only complained I had was getting hustled buy a couple of Card Sharks that talked me in to playing a new card game and took all my money. Stan won my 4 quarters LOL had a great time talking will playing. All in all had one great time Thanks to Everyone there that made us Welcome. Great Group of Riders

View attachment 30159View attachment 30160

Yeah I think we got HUSTLED!!!! I was afraid I wasn't going to have gas money to get home on!!!

Next time I play with them I'm bringing Drake.

He's smarter than me and he will catch on to their tricks real quick!!!!! :cxtv:
SIC EM' BOY :AGGHH:

Left Mt. Vernon, Ill with EZJerry at about 10:45. We woke to Sun...then it clouded up. As soon as we left..it started raining again! We were in rain for around 40-50 miles. Once we were west of St. Louis we hit Sun and clouds. Temps were in the low 50's to upper 60's with a stiff North wind. We said our goodbyes to Jerry and made it home at 4:15.

We loved seeing old friends, and making new ones! All of you occupy a place in our hearts.

Ray..YOU STAY WELL and keep in touch!

Fred..thank you for EVERYTHING!!
Randy and Marge..you guys starting Trike Talk many years ago made all of this possible for us and we will make as many reunions as we possibly can! Also..those of you that want DVD's please PM us your address and phone number. It will take a bit to whittle down 4,679 pictures to place them on a DVD so please be patient with us! We hope to get them out in the next couple of weeks! Again...we love all of you...and I know that I my not remember your names..but I remember and hold dear your faces and memories in my mind and heart!

Home again

Made it Friday @ 5 pm 500+ in 8 hrs. All in good order.
Thoroughly enjoyed the event.Thanks to Randy & Marge,glad I could help w/th ride on the Dragon. Gotta say "Congrats" to all who made that trip! That "The Dragon" was done by 26 trikes in group successfully says much !!!!! Ya'll ride safe !

Made it home safe and sun burned Thursday about 7pm. Kept telling myself I would put on the sun screen at the next pit stop and didn't so I have nice raccoon eyes for the next week or so!! Had a great time meeting with old and new friends as always at any Trike Talk gathering!! Will be going to Ormond Beach this week (hopefully) to firm up the Best Western on the beach for our "Snowbird Gathering" in Feb '16. I will post more on that site as I get the info. Again I enjoyed all and thanks to Marge and Randy for everything they do to keep us getting together!!

Tomg

Gloria and I left Maggie Valley and headed west toward home. instead of going up through Knoxville we ran the Cherohala Parkway. A beautiful and fun ride, added about 3 hours to the trip, but the ride's the thing, not the time. North toward Nashville, about 50 miles out we came around a mountain ran into rain. Was partly cloudy and didn't look bad, then things changed. Gloria got out, "I smell rain.." and whoosh! we were in the wet. In a few miles it cleared up, we dried off and went on. Looked bad again in a bit so we stopped at a rest stop and donned the rain gear. In short order the rain started again.

I believe the term is "toad stranger".

Things slowed down, and we stopped to see about lodging for the night. As we got to the hotel things started to clear, but rush hour was starting so we stayed the night.

Started off Saturday morning to partly cloudy skies and cool temps. Had a nice ride, did run into some rain on the highway but at speed we didn't get really wet. The rain didn't last long, and the rest of the trip home was uneventful.

As the rest have said, we had a great time at Maggie Valley and wouldn't have missed it for the world. Gloria especially was glad she went. She doesn't do the computer thing much, and forums not at all, but after meeting and getting to know folks she feels she is really a member of the Trike Talk/TOI family. She is already taking about the next event.

We are now packing for "Vacation, Part II" to see friends and relatives in Minnesota. We have much to take and some to bring back, so we are taking the car.

After we get back Gloria wants to have me make a post from her point of view. We were at the Rally In The Valley V in 2012, but we stayed at an RV park in our Bunkhouse camper, and except for talking to people on the rides we were mostly away from the group. Staying in the host hotel was an entirely different experience, and she wants to thank everyone in her own words.

First, Marge and I would like to sincerely thank everyone who attended the Maggie Valley gathering. Each person there, whether a first timer or a seasoned regular added their own special touch to the gathering with their smiles, hugs, jokes and stories. We had about a 60/40 mix of repeat and new attendees from as far as New York, Arizona and our special guests Jake and Katherine, from Scotland (not Ireland), their second visit from across the pond. What a thrill and honor it was that so many would travel so far to spend time with the Trike Talk "family". As I mentioned in an earlier post, our gatherings are not rallies, but are much more personal, like a really fun and pleasant vacation on three wheels with your best buddies, all you need to do is show up with positive expectations, a warm heart and open arms and you will be guaranteed a wonderful time.

First, Marge and I would like to sincerely thank everyone who attended the Maggie Valley gathering. Each person there whether a first timer or a seasoned regular added their own special touch to the gathering with their smiles, hugs, jokes and stories. We had about a 60/40 mix of repeat and new attendees from as far as New York, Arizona and our special guests Jake and Katherine, from Scotland, their second visit from across the pond. What a thrill and honor it was that so many would travel so far to spend time with the Trike Talk "family". As I mentioned in an earlier post, our gatherings are not rallies, but are much more personal, like a really fun and pleasant vacation on three wheels with your best buddies, all you need to do is show up with positive expectations, a warm heart and open arms and you will be guaranteed a wonderful time.

Sure sounds like a hoot.

Good to know and sounds like a Great time had by all. Looking forward to one That I will be able to attend. See ya'll soon. ThumbUp

Made it Friday @ 5 pm 500+ in 8 hrs. All in good order.
Thoroughly enjoyed the event.Thanks to Randy & Marge,glad I could help w/th ride on the Dragon. Gotta say "Congrats" to all who made that trip! That "The Dragon" was done by 26 trikes in group successfully says much !!!!! Ya'll ride safe !

Stan THANKS for leading the group to, through and back from the Dragon. I thoroughly enjoyed that ride! I know everyone else did too and to do it with 24 trikes, two bikes and a car with no mishaps was a great accomplishment! It was an amazing, scenic and challenging ride, especially the first trip through the Dragon...you were rolling on the throttle. Fun!! Thanks sooooo much for that!

Thanks Randy ! Ya don't know How Glad I am that ride worked so well.Would that I could have "rolled th throttle" a bit more ! Despite my other issues w/th new trike,handling ability,is NOT one of them !! Next ride"Back of th Dragon" ? Up here in Va. from Marion to Tazwell. 32 miles not 11 ! Lot's more to do in the area also........Ya'll Come !

instead of the words i would like to type, i will instead type #$#@!, $&$$@#%.
The reason? 80 miles from home. Not sure where oil is going, but oil pressure is not right. I don't believe it would make it home from nj. Using the ama moto towing and paying difference to my house. If i continued, i am confident engine would have blown.
Soooooo, not riding down. However, after dropping off in morning at hd, i will trailer my old 2-wheeler down to rally. Not sure what day yet.
so what happened ???? Motor or repair or nothing yet ?????

Holy mackeral Mike, did you make a detour to Colorado or Idaho?

Lawrenceville is only 3 hours from MV. I know, I used to live there until I departed for the sunnier South (okay, okay... divorced the 3rd wife and decided to get out of Dodge... so sue me.)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mayhem-VOM

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mayhem-VOM
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png