CB ERROR Message

In the last month the CB Radio on my 2012 Gl1800 has been failing during/at the end of some of my transmissions. Fellow riders say it sounds like a mic is stuck on, but there's no voice heard.

The message CB ERROR is then displayed on my monitor.

After powering the CB unit off, the message clears and the CB again works for a short time. The problem is intermittent!

I seem to think that there's a relationship to higher humidity when this happens, as I don't have a problem in the afternoon when the temperature gets hotter and the humidity falls.

Your help would be appreciated in the resolution of my problem! :confused:

Just installed a new CB in my '05 GL1800 and got the "CB Error".

Cleaned all the connections where the CB connects to the radio... no luck.

Cleaned the battery terminals... fixed!

Some folks report that they get the CB Error when the battery gets weak.

Hope this helps..... Gook Luck!

If you think the problem is tied to humidity, I would open the cb compartment in the trunk and be sure no water has entered. My former radio acted very similar and when I sent it in for repair they reported it had gotten wet.

Two main places for water to enter is the hole where the cables go thru the back wall of the trunk and, where the antenna lead enters on the left side of the trunk. Also, be careful when washing not hit any area of upper trunk with high pressure water that could penetrate around a seal.

If your Battery is low or dirty terminals the CB will be the first to act up. I had this happen twice. One time the terminals were dirty and the second time my 6 year old Battery was getting low. New Battery and CB worked fine. Also clean the all the switch often with circuit cleaner. Not a good idea to use WD40. Makes the dirt stick to switches. Many folks wash their bikes and the water and dirt get into the switches. Just from normal ridding dirt will get into the switches.
PS If I wash my trike, I dry with a towel then use my leaf blower to get the water out of switches and around mirrors and lights.Even dries brakes. No wet seats either.

My friends 2010 Goldwing kept throwing this message a random times and his frustration took him to the dealer, where they had to replace the CB under warranty.

Hope yours is simple as the battery issue. :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png