Took the grandson on his first ride!!!

Jul 2, 2012
Jena, LA, USA
Took the grandson (7 years old) on his first ride yesterday. We went to take vegs. to aunt and as we walked out the door he said, "wish we could go on your bike". I looked at him and said, "why not, lets do it". We went to the shop and got him a helmet and I put the headset on him and the helmet and we headed the 1/4 mile to the anut's house. Dropped off the veges and headed back to the house. When we got to the stop sign he said, go fast to the house. So, instead of crossing the road to the house I took a left turn and he said, "where we going?" I asked didn't he say go fast, so we are going fast. We rode about 10 miles and when we got home he ran to the house to tell grandmother what we did. He told her that we rode a long way and I told him to wait, next time I go to Alexandria (about 50 miles) he could go with me. He bout fell out. I think I have him hooked.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Grandkids are the greatest! I envy you having him as a riding buddy. Our oldest grandson is off to college this fall; the next oldest is 4, so it'll be a few more years until I have another as a side-kick. Enjoy!

My granddaughter rides with me every chance she gets; photo is during Bike Week this year where she did two days, Destination, Speedway, Main Street, and the Iron Horse. She'll be four next month. We made a safety harness using the gear from a child's car seat which stays on the bike full time.

image.jpg

My granddaughter rides with me every chance she gets; photo is during Bike Week this year where she did two days, Destination, Speedway, Main Street, and the Iron Horse. She'll be four next month. We made a safety harness using the gear from a child's car seat which stays on the bike full time.

View attachment 21171

Granddaughter is 4 and rides around the house but in Louisiana they have to be 6 to ride on a motorcycle. Can't wait till she is old enough to ride.

Nutin like startin them early. Know ya'll had fun. RIDE SAFE

My grandkids love to get rides on my trike also. Unfortunately I'm not getting any miles on it personally this summer for health reasons but my son's have stepped up and taken my grandkids for rides on it when they come to visit. One exception is I now have a grandson with a motorcycle endorsement on his license so he has taken it out on his own. Makes me feel a bit old. He says it's not for him though as he's been racing motocross competitively since he was 5 years old and seems to like the action of those bikes better.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png