Big adventure

My wife and I left Fl. on June 10 and rode 4200 miles,pulling our home built trailer.We traveled through 13 states and Ontario,Canada. We tent camped most off the time,except for when it was pouring down rain which happened four times.Then we motel'ed . By towing the trailer ,we were able to bring some of our golf clubs.We are avid golfers and we managed to play 9 times in 22 days.We even found a beautiful little 9 hole course outside of French River,Ontario.People looked at us sort of strange when we would pull up and say we wanted to play. They thought it was great that we were able to carry our clubs in the trailer. The 2014 Spyder RT SE6 pulled the loaded trailer with no problem and we averaged 29 mpg on our trip.Not a hint of a problem with the Spyder or the trailer.We wished we could have continued our trip for at least another month,but obligations to finish a customers street rod and we missed our cat,made our decision for us to come home.We slept so well in our Eureka tent and queen size air bed that we could not sleep in our bed for the first four days we were home.We started to set up the tent in the living room. We saw so many beautiful sites on our trip.Mackinac island,Pictured rocks national lakeshore,Agwa Canyon train trip,Soo locks,Niagra Falls from the Canadien side is much better.The people from Canada took a certain pride in the fact that the Can-Am was built in their country. Looking for a good workout? Climb Sleeping Bear Dunes on the shore of lake Michigan. Gettysburg battlefield will make the hair stand up on the back of your neck if you just sit under a grove of trees and have a picnic lunch and take in the views.<br />
<br />
We took our Victory brand rainsuits we had kept from our Victory motorcycle.

Those are without a doubt the worst rainsuits I have ever owned.10 minute shower and we were soaked to the skin.I even tried spraying them with camp dry with no luck. We stopped at Gander Mountain and bought Frog Toggs and bought two sets for what I had paid for for one rain suit from Victory.That was the only bummer on the whole 22 day trip. The comfort and performance of the Spyder ans ease of towing the trailer has made me a true believer. Ready to go again.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png