Valves?

This makes me wonder why you are wondering why the valves should be checked at 68 miles ?
Maintenance schedule is same as a trike as it would be for a 2-wheeler for the Gold Wing part anyway.

It's your call. It's your bike.
Honda calls for a check @ 32K.
Many posts on many forums of those having made that check with no shimming required.
A few have posted changes were needed.
Since the valve clearance tightens up, I would check them.

Sorry, I meant 68,000

That's why you shouldn't get snippety about posts..
Sometimes the poster is reading what you posted and not what you meant.. :)
But it happens to the best of us... At times...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I meant 68,000

That's why you shouldn't get snippety about posts..
Sometimes the poster is reading what you posted and not what you meant.. :)
But it happens to the best of us... At times...

I have 68, miles on my 1800 trike and just wondering if the valves should be checked?
Thanks

I have almost 90,000 on my 06 and have never touched the valves and have no intentions of doing so unless I see or here a problem in performance. I know there are some that would disagree, but hey it's my trike.

I had my valves checked at 83K on my old bike. My mechanic suggested 90K but I was having other routine maintenance done. All valves were within tolerance. I did have 3 exhaust and 3 intakes that one set was snug center spec the other was loose center spec. I'm not sure which was which. All other valves were dead on.

LOL!!! Rich, until my right hip and left knee really fell apart I was doing better then 15k a year. The first year I owned the bike it covered pavement in all 254 Texas counties. I think that was something like 17,800 miles that year. And that was before I retired. Wish I had the will power and bones to do that now. Shoot, I'd ware this thing out in no time!!! :xszpv::xszpv:

to check the valves the cams must be removed. with them in you check the clearance if there is to much clearance you remove the cams and check the spacer pucks and order the next corresponding size then reinstall and recheck clearances.

generally if there is not excessive cam noise don't bother them. it's lots of trouble.

you should really not need to check them otherwise

I have almost 90,000 on my 06 and have never touched the valves and have no intentions of doing so unless I see or here a problem in performance. I know there are some that would disagree, but hey it's my trike.

Some bikes like my last bike, Suzuki Volusia need valves checked aver 12,000 miles. If yours are hydraulic, don't worry about them just like your car. Read up on your bike. Remember it used to be a two wheeler. Triking only changed the back tire from one to two. Nothing Else
changed.

Some bikes like my last bike, Suzuki Volusia need valves checked aver 12,000 miles. If yours are hydraulic, don't worry about them just like your car. Read up on your bike. Remember it used to be a two wheeler. Triking only changed the back tire from one to two. Nothing Else
changed.

GL1800 is not hydraulic but they don't seem to ware as much or as fast as Honda would like us to believe. If all sounds good and no performance loss I'd keep riding and smiling. :xszpv::xszpv:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png