VTX Trikes

clo

Apr 25, 2012
Mesquite TX
This question is mostly for any VTX trikes. Have any of y'all had any problems with a rear axle bracket. About a month ago mine broke and had to have it towed 30 miles back to a Honda dealer.They had it for 3 weeks and Motor Trike wanted to see it and now, they have it. It's been over a month with no trike and that driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly apprciated. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 111
From looking at the pics only, it looks like the two places, top & bottom that we can see, have been broken for a while. Just a little shiny area from the weld, and mostly rusty area where weather has been getting to it. Kinda looks like poor weld penetration, also.

I don't recognize the area, must be an IRS model. My straight axle appears some heavier built.

If you take any more pics, back out a little to show the area, just for my curiosity. :)

Change the title to Motortrike kits. you'll get more responses.This has nothing to do with the VTX. It is a MT problem. Same kit on many brands of bikes. Mine happens to be a Champion.

Attachments

• vtx5.jpg
    vtx5.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 104
these are all the pixs that I was able to take. Talked to Richard @ MT and had a good conversation with him as when I might get trike back. Now going on 5 weeks, tough but almost see the light at the end of tunnel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    628.3 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 109
these are all the pixs that I was able to take. Talked to Richard @ MT and had a good conversation with him as when I might get trike back. Now going on 5 weeks, tough but almost see the light at the end of tunnel.

cowboy-%20yehaaw.gif

Whoa pony!

Im sure glad that broken weld didn't put you in the ditch my friend.
I know it's tough being without your trike but it can be repaired.
I worked on an American trike that someone who didn't know what they were doing set it up wrong and the bolts ripped out of the driveline housing and the whole back end twisted. Thank god she was doing about 5 MPH when it happened because it pitched her right into a curb.
With help from some of the folks on the forum I was able to repair it all and take measures to see it didn't happen again.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png