MSRP decreased to $24,995.

Apr 11, 2009
Austin, Tx
Received email from TBMS, Stallion price decreased to $24,995. for limited time. Several items are options, such as AC, heat, adjustable petals, trailer hitch, trunk carpet, fog lamps, driver backrest, cruise control. Those options are items subject to frequent breakdown. Geez, instead of fixing the problems, they just deleted those features.
Bottom line, I am extremely happy that I got rid of my Stallion a month ago, as resale value will surely sink to the basement.:confused:

Sorry you have a bad experience, ours has been totally positive one of the best decisions about a toy purchase we have every made.

Not sure your information is up to par, I would think it would cost them more to leave a lot of that stuff off. Especially the adjustable petals, who knows:confused:

MJ loves hers also. If the price drops and they sell more thats great. TBMS is doing what it feels it needs to do to keep producing. In reality AC/Heat is really not something that should be there anyway. Nice for the little it does when used but if it wasn't there it would not be missed. The pedals could be made manually adjustable. Once there set for the person who normally rides it you don't move them much. The rest could easily be options, I would have included, but to attract new sales option them makes sense.

I have not had a single customer who has not absolutely loved their Stallion, but non have had any real issues to speak of. I think lowering the price and making A/C and some of the other features an option is a good idea. Not everyone will want or need A/C. In fact if anyone is interested in getting a new 2010 Stallion at the new lower pricing, I will ship one the color of your choice, enclosed and insured for $24,995 to your door step anywhere in the lower 48 states. Sorry about the blatant self promotion, but thats really a very decent deal and as a Stallion dealer I'm kinda excited about Motor Trike doing this. Its been a rough year and everyone is looking for a good deal these days.

Wow now's the time for those who wanted one but thought they were to expensive to get one.

Randy are the pedals at least going to be manually adjustable? We hardly ever move MJ's setting.

What a great offer, Zook!!!! I Like it, and I agree with Ted that this is a wonderful opportunity for someone to get a great deal on a beautiful machine!

Honestly, I personally can't imagine using AC on it myself. I thought that was what the open air was for ;). I agree that in many areas that is one feature that is probably not needed.

Wow now's the time for those who wanted one but thought they were to expensive to get one.

Randy are the pedals at least going to be manually adjustable? We hardly ever move MJ's setting.

I only just got the email yesterday Ted and it didnt address whether or not the pedals would be manually adjustable or not. In fact it didnt specifically say that the price was lowed that much it just said it as being lowered....so I am assuming that Road Runners email was legit. I will find out all the details tomorrow AM and post an update!

Zook

If I could buy a Stallion with out any options at a much lower price and the options are able to be added later I would think this is a good thing.Many people are just as happy with a stripped down car ( many people buy entry level cars still ) Goldwing is doing the same thing now .Good move I think

MJ loves hers also. If the price drops and they sell more thats great. TBMS is doing what it feels it needs to do to keep producing. In reality AC/Heat is really not something that should be there anyway. Nice for the little it does when used but if it wasn't there it would not be missed. The pedals could be made manually adjustable. Once there set for the person who normally rides it you don't move them much. The rest could easily be options, I would have included, but to attract new sales option them makes sense.

TBMS is doing the same thing that several trike kit manufacturers are doing in an effort to keep their factories open during the current federal spending extravaganza, offering bargain pricing.

Zook I hope it brings more business for you and the other dealers. The more Stallions the better it is for us all.

So TBMS has the option prices available on their website: Prices for each option are as follows:

- A/C: $3895.00
- Back Rest: $295.00
- Cruise Control: $395.00
- Adjustable Pedals: $425.00
- Trunk Carpet: $150.00
- Trailer Hitch: $175.00
- Fog Lamps: $250.00

Doing a quick tally of the option prices along with the "limited time" MSRP of $24995.00 yields a total cost of a full 2010 Stallion of $30580.00.

This opens up an interesting possibility: Does this mean that a previously unsold 2010 Stallion (or, 2008 /2009, for that matter) on a dealer's lot can be had for $30580.00 vice the $32995.00 full price, or does the lowered MSRP and ala carte option list only apply if one were to special order one? A side thought to that is this: Will the ability to purchase one with options exist after the "limited time" period?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Markie
'08 Pearl White #353

Interesting question. Russel/Libby or Zook got any thoughts? I think they should make this a permanent pricing. It should create more sales.

I think TMS just stuck it to the customers who paid the $32,995 plus tax. Which I did. First they said you could take the Stallion to any Ford dealer. Wrong. I live in chicago area & none will have anything to do with it. There add does not say stripped down model.I know a lot of dealers use this site. Maybe good for you but not me. This machine was engineered great why do the have to sock it to us that way? I bought a trike with air because I think it was a great idea and should be kept that way. Had HD all my life, if I wanted to put up with heat in traffic I would have kept the HD. No longer a happy customer.
Rich

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png