its friday sooo lets bbq !!

Dec 14, 2012
washington il.
ok I know it never happen if there's no pictures so here I go again bbq'n with my state of the art smoker !! pork shoulder for the week end eat'n!!
1. shot of the maybe not so hi tech smoker:xzqxz:
2. the star of this post nice pork shoulder !! can't wait tell its done!!
magoo

Attachments

• P1010113.JPG
    P1010113.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 195
  • P1010114.JPG
    P1010114.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 191
oh yea

we're make'n some smoke now!! the peach wood smoke is wook'n its magic as I type!! :clapping:

mike

Attachments

• P1010116.JPG
    P1010116.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 197
Looking good ThumbUp bet your neighbors are gettin hungry smelling the smoke.

so I took pork off the smoker at 7 o'clock last nite double wrapped shoulder in foil and slow cooked @200 degree or so for 14hours over nite and...
here's what its all about 9x14 pan of smok'n good pork!!!
would have only been better if I'd had 3-4 racks of ribs to go with it!!
magoo

Attachments

• P1010118.JPG
    P1010118.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 230
so I took pork off the smoker at 7 o'clock last nite double wrapped shoulder in foil and slow cooked @200 degree or so for 14hours over nite and...
here's what its all about 9x14 pan of smok'n good pork!!!
would have only been better if I'd had 3-4 racks of ribs to go with it!!
magoo

That will do Magoo ThumbUp:clapping:

After just getting back from Texas and having my first taste of TEXAS BBQ, I'm wondering about the time you smoked the meat? I undrstand about the "Low and Slow" cooking, but what about seasonings, and smoking time? After eating at Hard Eight in Coppell Texas, I asked the chef about seasoning, his reply was "salt and pepper"! Never had a meal as good as I had down there!! So if you could share what brand smoker you use and a recipe it would be much appreciated!!
Larry in East China Mi.

looks great ! 14 hrs will do a good smoke ring. I have never used peach wood. my smokers are not high tech either but make good bbq. I have one large gas one and a small electric about the size of a small refrigerator. they both do the trick well. one of my favorite things to smoke is sausage . I take the normal polish sausage from the store and put it on for about 2-4 hrs around 180- 190. season it good and used hickory chips. do some chopped vegies on the grill and fried potatoes ..............make a fat dog happy!

After just getting back from Texas and having my first taste of TEXAS BBQ, I'm wondering about the time you smoked the meat? I undrstand about the "Low and Slow" cooking, but what about seasonings, and smoking time? After eating at Hard Eight in Coppell Texas, I asked the chef about seasoning, his reply was "salt and pepper"! Never had a meal as good as I had down there!! So if you could share what brand smoker you use and a recipe it would be much appreciated!! Larry in East China Mi.

A lot depends on the meat being smoked, I'm assuming when you were in Texas you had brisket. Traditionally brisket is just rubbed with salt and pepper then put on the pit. The pit temp is normally in the 225 - 250 degree range , but some guys like to run hotter. Depending on the size of the brisket and the pit temp it can take up to 20 hours before its done. Wood choice can very, its pretty much based on the choice of the pit master.

I've used a few different cookers to do BBQ with. Here is 2 of mine, both use propane as the fuel and wood chunks of chips are placed on a tray inside for the smoke.
smokers.JPG

Lately I've been using a Big Green Egg, it is a ceramic cooker which is fired by lump charcoal and wood chunks or chips are added for the smoke. I've come to really like using the Egg, the one downside is it is not a cheap date.

snow312.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png