where and how to find out how much a trike is worth.

Sep 5, 2011
harpursville,ny,usa
The question I keep getting is how much do you think it is worth. from friends and insurance co. I built the trike myself it was on here as a thread and I live in upstate ny. So there isn't much up here in the way of getting a appraisal for my 81 xs1100 trike. I myself would like to know what is worth.

Mate that is a tricky one, ive thought about it and ive got no idea to even hazard a guess.
the only way to find out is to advertise it and see what response you get.. the true market value is what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Unfortunately probably a lot less than you have in it! Accessories such as safety chrome etc do NOT add to the resale value! They are a lot like a car only worse for what you get when selling. I have around 34K into mine and would be hard pressed to get more than the low 20's if that out of it...

I khow that the bike before it was triked in good shape, (81 xs1100 h venturer full bagger yamaha) was going for about $2000 to $3000 now not sure what its worth now. I built everything myself including the body so as far as money into the trike is around $3000 not including my labor. I have been offered $8000 for it but if I sell it now berfore wife learns how to ride it I better not ever go home. And this offer came from a dealer.

I live in the vintage bike world. The XS1100 isn't considered a classic but is considered a solid performer which sold in fairly limited numbers compared to KZ/GS from that day. When I rebuild a bike, I spend countless hours rebuilding individual components and never re-coup my time (labor) and barely break even on parts. NADA and KBB are failry useless for vintage bikes and you have no market full of XS1100 trikes much less home-made trikes. There is no benchmark for how much it is worth. If you put it on Craigslist and ask $1000, it will sell in a week and if you ask $10000 it won't have any takers. Most folks are not looking to buy a vintage home made trike so the ones who can appreciate it will seek it out IF the price looks attractive. I personally might be one of those folks and have the skills needed to keep the XS1100 running and would look at $3000-3500 as realistic. If you can get $8K, jump on it and buy a GL1500 Goldwing trike. No harder to drive than an XS1100 and much more comfortable as far as 2-up or touring.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dpegleg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dpegleg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png