Problem trying to play songs from only one albums/files on 2014 harleys

Oct 19, 2011
GLEN ELLYN, IL. USA
Problem trying to play songs from only one albums/files on 2014 harleys

Alright I hope someone can answer this question. I'm kinda new to mp3 music storage, but I thought you could save different songs in different albums/files on a SD card or thumb drive and be able to replay only the music in a certain album/file without playing any of the songs from another album/file???
I can't seem to do that on the 2014 H-D unit. Is it possible to that or am I doing something wrong or not finding the right button to push?

Example: I have a thumb drive with 3 albums on it Rock&Roll - Country - Classical and I want to play just the songs in the Country album, but I can't see where I can designate to play only from that album - what happens is all the songs on the thumb drive will play - usually in alphabetical order.....which I can control by tapping the letter icon on the right side.

When I tap the "Album" under audio it plays all the songs on the thumb drive without any kind of break or separation - same with "Genre"

"Artist" is the only one I can separate the songs from each other.

Any ideas out there?

Re: Problem trying to play songs from only one albums/files on 2014 harleys

If your drive is set up correctly you can FIND by Artist, Album, Song, Genre.

Does not say anything about PLAYING :laugh:.

So when you find by Genre and pick the first song on the list .... does it continue to the next song on that list?

I'm always in shuffle mode. I have about 1400 songs on my memory stick. I do .wma format ripped from my CD collection.

music files.jpg

If your drive is set up correctly you can FIND by Artist, Album, Song, Genre.
I know I can find artist and song, but album and genre-no. I know I'm including genre when I copy the songs.
Does not say anything about PLAYING :laugh:.

So when you find by Genre and pick the first song on the list .... does it continue to the next song on that list?
Good question, I don't know, I assumed it just played the next song on the overall song list(all songs), I'll check and see if only certain songs play. All I know is when I push "FIND" and then "ALBUM", it doesn't show the different albums that I put on the media.
I would think if you pushed "Country" only country songs would show up on the display instead of all the songs - in alphabetical order.

I'm always in shuffle mode. I have about 1400 songs on my memory stick. I do .wma format ripped from my CD collection.
I just bought a USB turntable a couple months ago and I'm converting all my 45's and LP's into mp3's so I can put them on a thumb drive. Sure is taking a while, I bet I have about 2 or 3 thousand songs.
Years ago I did the same thing to CD's(my preferred medium), but just certain preferred songs. Now I want to do it with ALL my records. Hope I live long enough.
:laugh:

You can make Playlists which is really easy to do.
And put on thumb drive download m3u playlists.
Bit of a learning curve and not much info out there but it works great.
then when you go to media on boom box go down to playlists.

You can find many vb scripts to do this the one I use is LocaliseM3U,vbs.
Do a search for localiseM3u you will find it.
There is also m3u dropper which I have not used.

Just put LocaliseM3U on drive and all the songs you want to add to playlists on the drive (which is a very small vbs file)
- create a blank playlist with windows media player and save as jackyl (or whatever) do not add music to it yet it will be jackyl.wpl.
- then rename it to jackyl.m3u
- then drag all the songs you want on playlist by highlighting then drag to the LocaliseM3U.vbs file on drive.
I found its easier to add the songs after making m3u file and then add music.

trust me it will take some time to figure out but well worth it.
I have over 2000 songs in playlists easy to find.
If you need help holler

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png