Does anyone know about this Trike+ Plus kit?

I found an outrigger build by Trike+Plus. Has anyone had any experience with this good or bad? I don't want to spend the 30 bucks for the CD of build instructions if it's a bogus deal. Thanks for any help and advice on this.

George

No experience w/that brand. However this shows on their web sight: Why pay $15,000 for a permanent trike conversion when $900 will give you the best of both worlds ... a Trike+Plus
That's a very misleading statement IMHO.
1. The ride, especially the steering, of an outrigger is absolutely nothing like that of a real trike conversion.
2. Other units, such as Voyager, claim 5 minute conversion to/from 2 wheel confirguration, not 15 minute!
You need to test ride one of these outrigger units to see if it will satisfy your needs.
I rode a Voyager during my search for what I wanted. It was a scary ride as the inside wheel tended to rise in a corner. Also the steering was very difficult.
Having said all that, if $$$'s is a concern and a outrigger type unit is all one can afford and that keeps you riding, go for it. Consider a rake kit to vastly improve the steering.
I would check out the Trigg unit(a board sponser) before making a descision!

I've got the cd.It gives some got thoughts on thing to consider if you want to build an outrigger.It also give details on how Phil built his and access to pics from others that did it via a google group.I personally don't agree with some parts of his design.If you have decided to build your own or are strongly considering it there is alot of good info on the cd to consider and would probably be worth the 30 bucks.

I've got the cd.It gives some got thoughts on thing to consider if you want to build an outrigger.It also give details on how Phil built his and access to pics from others that did it via a google group.I personally don't agree with some parts of his design.If you have decided to build your own or are strongly considering it there is alot of good info on the cd to consider and would probably be worth the 30 bucks.

So basically you are still kinda on your own when it comes to designing what you want? No actual plans that you can lay out and build from?

Sorry about the delay responding.It gives great measurements and instructions on how Phil did his however you get all these great pics where others have done nicer setups but little info on what they've done.I'm just not a fan of some things he did with his but thats me.I had a v star and no way was I gonna use the passenger peg mounting for a main attachment point.It has alot of good info especially if your an engineer.Like alot of things it just depends on what you want to do and what you can spend.In the end for me had I not came up with the deal I did on my wing I had decided it wouldn't be any harder to build a regular solid axle trike as to build that type.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of bike are you looking into converting?

I found a 1980 Gold Wing Interstate that has been sitting for a number of years. A real barn find. But the bike is complete from front to back. I just have to work on getting it titled but since it will be an antique after January 1st it makes it a lot easier here in NC.

I'll post some pictures when I get it home.

I loved my 80. Carbs can be tricky. Does it run? If it does, get Marvel Mystery oil and run 4oz in ever tank for the first 4 or 5 fill ups. If not running good ,drain gas Add 1/2 bottle of sea foam carb cleaner to fresh tank of gas.
Me with my Voyager kit on my 1980 wing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 235
John, all I know so far is that it's not seized up. This will be my long winter project. (So pray that North Carolina has a mild winter) I am figuring I should have it running by spring.

That sounds like a nice bike to trike.Several ways to economically trike that one.Good luck with it.I'll be looking forward to some pics of the progress.

Well, the "Big Ugly" is home. The guy that owned it loved to paint chrome over with silver spray paint and all the covers with black spray paint. But it's all there and nothing was leaking out of it. Tomorrow it comes off the trailer and I'll post pictures.

George

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png