replacing header pipes

Oct 17, 2013
Carlsbad,NM,USA
my 2014 trike is presently in the shop having the header pipes replaced with Vance and Hines headers to remove the cats and installing stage 1 a/c with harley stage 1 down load tune. staying with Stock slip ons for now does anybody know what kind of results I should expect? I would like to do everything at once but being retired must do in stages.

That's about what I did with my 11, Except I went with Rush true duels, That stopped the heat on my right foot, Also picked up a few more mpg I get 35/40 mpg's... The stage one raised the red line from 55 to 64 hundred rpm's 'I did have to after a few miles later put on slip-ons [rush 175;s]

Unless Harley changed the mufflers on your 14, The Left muffler is Heavily baffled compared to the right side. Kind of defeats the true duels... [Run a stick in the left side and it will only go in a few inches ware as on the right it'll go in about a foot] I did find out the 175 were too loud for me, So I added DK's Thunder Torques to quiet it down a little. ThumbUp

Thanks for the information I should pick it up tomorrow. I like the stock slip ons but needs a little more rumble. I going to aspen cade rally hope to find a few to listen to.

my 2014 trike is presently in the shop having the header pipes replaced with Vance and Hines headers to remove the cats and installing stage 1 a/c with harley stage 1 down load tune. staying with Stock slip ons for now does anybody know what kind of results I should expect? I would like to do everything at once but being retired must do in stages.

Quick question which shop? is it a dealer? I live in Midland will also go to AspenCade to "listen" to some V&H's mufflers etc.

Quick question which shop? is it a dealer? I live in Midland will also go to AspenCade to "listen" to some V&H's mufflers etc.

Well I picked the trike up. It does sound alot louder with the stock slip ons. Sounds good still looking for the sound I want. Seems to have more getty up. I had this done a barnetts in elpaso. They did a great job. I also had them do my 10k service. I will be on the sand pebble and canyon brown trike with nm plates if you see me stop me lets chat.

I will be there rain or shine.

Many drill out the stock muffler baffle with a 3" hole saw, pull out the packing material and have a great sound for next to nothing.

I just had that done to my 2014. Air Filter, tuner, V&H headers and mufflers.
I chose the V&H mufflers made for the trike. Oval at the tip and made for
more ground clearance. Sounds great although I wear ear plugs ALL THE TIME
when riding. (I have the Comfort lift kit installed so have lots of ground clearance).

Went for a 130 mile ride up to the 9000 ft level on Hwy 119/Hwy 72, Hwy 7,
Hwy 34, back by way of Carter Lake here in the front range area of Colorado.
MPG was 40.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png