Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

what do you have around the footboards? have you controls been modded and if so by who?
It's round bar that was formed in the profile of the floorboard and angled out a little, it's used to keep my prosthetic from sliding off. Yes the controls were modified; a linkage system and a left side brake pedal were added so that I can use my left foot to shift and brake. Both were fabricated and installed by Maxwell Brothers Cycle Shop near Petoskey, MI. They are a good group of guys at that shop that make sure that any mod's are done to meet your expectations and needs.Red

It's round bar that was formed in the profile of the floorboard and angled out a little, it's used to keep my prosthetic from sliding off. Yes the controls were modified; a linkage system and a left side brake pedal were added so that I can use my left foot to shift and brake. Both were fabricated and installed by Maxwell Brothers Cycle Shop near Petoskey, MI. They are a good group of guys at that shop that make sure that any mod's are done to meet your expectations and needs.Red
i need the same thing except i need to move the shifter to the right side or come up with a way to shift the bike. building a cage around the footboard is going to have to happen too. thanks!

building a cage around the footboard is going to have to happen too. thanks!

I think I shared these pic's before but I made this from a piece of 2" aluminum angle iron for my last trike. Couple hours time cutting and forming wasn't to bad to fabricate. Since Maxwell Brothers was doing the brake mod I just asked them to come up with something for this one.

KIMG0012.jpegKIMG0011.jpegKIMG0010.jpeg

I don't do much to a new bike/trike. I wait until I have my first service done. Dyno tunes or a tune has to wait until I get between 4,000 to 5,000 miles. Doing it before it limbers up is a waste of time and money. You will need a retune if it is tuned to early.
getting rid of the cat will really help. I think it needs full stage one to get the mid to upper range.

Just a thought.

Roxy has 7700 miles on her and we really have no heat issues (all stock exhaust with cat). She sounds much better than new .... so some of that exhaust packing has loosened up! Like above I think you really need at least 5K miles before the engine can be considered broken-in. I remember when new you could hear the pistons going up and down ... it was tight.

I contemplated many of the suggestions for lessening the heat .... but decided to wait. For the style of riding we do .... Roxy is fine as is. Down the road, when the warranty is up, I may have the itch for some major engine upgrades and a tuner.

:pepper:

Bob :Dorag:

Attachments

• 2015-4-29 ride.jpg
    2015-4-29 ride.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 462
We live on the desert in Southern California, we have hot summers too. The heat you are feeling is radiated heat from your engine. Removing the cat will do very little. The problem I have found is proximity of your lets to the engine. I put floor board extensions on wife's Tri-Glide and my Freewheeler. That extra inch really make a difference for under $100.

I agree with screwball living not to far from him and it gets hot here. The floorboard extentions are sweet. The extra inch helps a lot with the heat plus the added benefit of the room they give you.

Floorboard extentions are one of the first things I installed on the Freewheeler. A must have on a Trike in my humble opinion. The floorboard extention kit ran me $49.95 plus shipping.

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 264
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 264
Kuryakyn makes a set that will either move the FB forward or rearward a inch but it also moves it outward a inch.
Kuryakyn # 4588
If you are not using the lower fairings it's not as noticeable of a heat change when using a catless header. Being open, no lower fairing, the air movement lets the heat pass instead of being trapped. There is a big difference with a no cat header. I use a ward fan to assist in controlling the heat. I can tell the difference because the fan doesn't come on nearly as much. In fact it doesn't come on at all when riding like it does with a cat pipe. A tune is needed to aid in performance and that will lower the temps even more.
try to cool down a CVO 110. You can't very well without a catless header and a good tune.

Rider backrest

I LOVE my Freewheeler - best H.D. I've ever owned...... QUESTION.... there is a 'slice' in the stock seat which IMPLIES the ability to install a rider backrest .... BUT I can't find one thru H.D. or J.P. .... HELP???:Coffee:

I LOVE my Freewheeler - best H.D. I've ever owned...... QUESTION.... there is a 'slice' in the stock seat which IMPLIES the ability to install a rider backrest .... BUT I can't find one thru H.D. or J.P. .... HELP???:Coffee:

The standard Harley Touring model backrest will fit on the Freewheeler and so will the Harley adjustable backrest for touring models even those it doesn't say they will in the Harley catalog.

Sunman

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png