38.4 KB · Views: 459
  • FullSizeRender (2) - Copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender (2) - Copy.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 462
  • FullSizeRender (1) - Copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender (1) - Copy.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 455
Re: Indiana Harley Freewheeler

Why wait? I love riding in snow! It's also fun to over power, and through yourself into a few spins! :)
Don't want Indiana road salt eating away at rims and other parts plus I am enjoying adding parts and pieces to a new clean machine. I added the DK comfort lift shock brackets last week. I live in the country and have an ATV and do indeed go out to play offload in the snow.

does anyone know how wide the freewheeler is in the rear?

I joined Trike Talk to find that out. On another thread I found the width wheel to wheel, but I need to know the width at the widest part of the trike.

My house has a one car garage so several years ago I had a motorcycle garage added on to the back. I have to ride my Road King down the sidewalk, 2 90 degree turns into the nice garage complete with overhead door. It is all just lovely, but now that I am looking at the Freewheeler I have to be sure I can park it inside. The garage is not an issue just the sidewalk and the 2 sharp turns.

When I had the garage added on I never thought I would live to be this old and actually start thinking that 3 wheels are better than 2 nor did Harley make the Freewheeler which I have only seen in pictures because every local dealer has sold out but I am working on it.

Re: Freewheeler Owners Check-In Thread

Hi,

I bought a Freewheeler today but won't be bringing it home for a few days.

I was told by the dealer that there is not a rider backrest available but I see many on this site so perhaps someone can tell me there to get one.

Thanks,

Vivid Black

Congrats Lady and welcome to the forum! As for the rider backrest, there are some threads here on that subject and adaptability, but personally, I'm just waiting for something official from H-D. I believe we'll see a lot more options for the FW in the coming months. ThumbUp

Ron, a wonderful salesman from Caliente HD in San Antonio trailered one over because I told him I would not buy one until I knew for sure it would fit. Since it was cold and raining he even took my Road King out of the MC garage for me. He then proceeded to drive it right in and I pronounced it SOLD. He road it back to the street then let me ride it down to the end of the block to be sure that I really liked it as much as I thought I would. I did.

The sales manager told me that was definitely a first but I truly appreciated their help and they made a sale in spite of the cold and rain so everyone is happy. I am excited because this is my 5th Harley, first brand new one so when I die my headstone won't say "Poor woman, never had a brand new Harley" instead of "Loved to Ride, Rode until she Died".

I have been wanting a Freewheeler ever since I first saw it on the internet so I was concerned that my "wanting" may be overshadowing reason.

I have been wanting a Freewheeler ever since I first saw it on the internet so I was concerned that my "wanting" may be overshadowing reason.

I was in the same boat. I think it was here that someone posted 'secret pictures' of the new Harley trike. Called my local dealer (we have purchased 6 Harleys from them) and said is it true?? He called me a week later and said one was on the way. Saw it when they took it off the truck and bought it. Never been happier. Wife is really happy with her '14 Tri-Glide, not ready to give up all the 'goodies'

Ride it in good health!

New to forum but not new to Harley Davidson Motorcyles,

I have been riding now legally for over 30 years on two wheelers and riding Harley Mortorcyles now for quite a few of these years. I had knee surgery a few years back on the right knee and find as time goes buy the Road King or the bigger Harley bikes are a little hard on the knee two up sometimes but things are still managble. With that said I have wanted a Harley Trike since they came out even before the knee issue or sugery because I thought they were just plain cool but the wife was not quite there yet. Also we or she was put off by the cost of a Tri Glide verses a top line two wheeled Harley Motorcycle such as the Road King, Street Glide and so on. We love the touring bikes but our style does not support the Ultra platform.

Now at 51 years old and the knee issue as we get ready for our next Harley purchase the wife is starting to see the light. She does not want a Tri Glide nor do I at this time as we like the Road King style best and have come to this conclusion after owning several diffrent Harley models over the years. The new Freewheeler looks like it is going to be the perfect fit for us on this next purchase ( will take me back to my Big Wheels when I was a kid, boy the things we did on those. Lol ).

We hope to purchase in October of this year 2015 a few months out but this will allow for a big down payment on a new Freewheeler and all adjustments will have been made to the buget for the new purchase. We look forward to getting into the Harley Trike seen and I have enjoyed reading the information on this forum. Like Srewball said I tend to be more a no frills guy and feel again the Tri Glide would be a little much and think again the Harley Freewheeler will be just right for our style as well as our style of riding.

Any feedback or sugestions would be greatly appreciated.
:clapping:
Thank You All And Ride Safe, :D
Bill G

Some pictures. I will be installing the GoPro camera mount when it gets in, along with the wiring for the MP-3 player, and GPS. Wife and I have SMH-10 Bluetooth intercoms, so the helmets are wireless to the MP-3 players.

Screwball, I hope I look as good sitting on my new Freewheeler trike when I get it as you do sitting on yours...ThumbUp

Nice Trike Brother,
Bill G

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png