Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

Kevin, When I used the adjustable back rest from my '08 Ultra, the pad sat too high. I used a grinder to remove the adjusting bracket and re-welded it a couple of inches lower, then cut off the excess steel from the top. Now with the pad all the way down, it sits on the seat, all the way up it is where it was with the thicker Ultra seat.

I've got about 5000 miles on my Free, haven't had this much fun since my 03 Dyna!

Those FW's are selling like hot cakes ... great looking rides

Yah, but they aren't as good with syrup and butter......

...OK, now I am hungry....:laugh:.....

Springman

- - - Updated - - -

I committed to buying a new Black FW,today. My 2011 Street Glide will be going on consignment probably tomorrow,at Red River H-D here in Wichita Falls.
Said I would never buy another Black bike again but I was wrong,again. :laugh: My plan is to buy it bare-bones and add most of the optional stuff,myself.
My wife and I are definitely excited.

GLAD TO SEE YOU HAVE COME OVER TO THE DARK-SIDE....:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Springman

Thanks for the welcome. As mentioned in a prior post,I put our Street Glide on consignment today,at our local dealer. Sure hate to see it go as it's an exceptional bike but Sherry and I are really excited about getting back on three wheels again.

new freewheeler

we just traded our triglide for a free wheeler today. It is really fun. I love it. the tri was good. But this one is good looking and quick. We ride solo and two up. Works fine for two up. about the same as when hubby had a roadking (two wheel).

I think the free is going to be the best idea HD has had for us trike people.

I agree ... it's perfect for the guy/gal that doesn't need the bells and whistles ... plus ... it's sportier and smaller ... might be a good fit to bring more women into our sport (and no ... I'm not saying the free is a girls bike)

Last edited:
I'm not missing the Batwing at all. Really glad I made the switch. Just at 1,700 miles on it so far. Weather has been hit or miss here so far. Wind the past few days was real nasty.

Heat

My right leg gets a bit warmer while riding my Freewheeler than I remember from past experiences on 2 wheels and it isn't even summer yet. Maybe it is just my imagination and if this has been discussed earlier I missed it.

My right leg gets a bit warmer while riding my Freewheeler than I remember from past experiences on 2 wheels and it isn't even summer yet. Maybe it is just my imagination and if this has been discussed earlier I missed it.

Many times ... Harley has to cowtie to the man (EPA) and run these bikes really lean ... so they run warm ... some can deal with the extra heat ... some don't want to ... In the TG forum there is a sticky that discusses what can be done to tone it down ... Bottom line it's an air cooled engine so it will never be cool ... how aggressive you get to cool her down or not is as big a choice as what oil to use (no ... I didn't say that did I?)

I committed to buying a new Black FW,today. My 2011 Street Glide will be going on consignment probably tomorrow,at Red River H-D here in Wichita Falls.
Said I would never buy another Black bike again but I was wrong,again. :laugh: My plan is to buy it bare-bones and add most of the optional stuff,myself.
My wife and I are definitely excited.

Congratulations welcome to the Brotherhood of Freewheelers. If you enjoy your 'Free half as much as I enjoy mine, you guys will be happy riders. Really loved my 2 wheelers, got a kick out of my Tri-Glide, but neither compare to the Free.

I also brought mine home bone stock, I bought the first Freewheeler delivered to the dealer and they didn't have any 'accessories'. Got a $600 credit for stuff when it came in.

You do know that black bikes are faster!!

Red59
Commerce Township, MI
Vivid Black

No pic's yet, just got it home. It was in the teens when I rode my trade-in there this morning, a bit on the chilly side. Now need some warmer weather and to start ordering some accessories.

Pic's with accessories installed; I like the different look you can get just by adding or removing something.
KIMG0014 (2).jpgKIMG0024 (2).jpgKIMG0025 (2).jpgKIMG0026 (2).jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png