Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

I sometimes refer to this trike as Tigger.

Dan

Spokane WA

Amber Whiskey

View attachment 28230

It's orange and black and loves to bounce in some of the Spokane roads. Unfortunately left and right. Suspension is currently at 20 but that doesn't stop it from being unsettling on the right then left then right holes and bumps.

On most roads it is great, but on a crappy road one or two wheels is gonna catch the bumps.

It's orange and black and loves to bounce in some of the Spokane roads. Unfortunately left and right. Suspension is currently at 20 but that doesn't stop it from being unsettling on the right then left then right holes and bumps.

On most roads it is great, but on a crappy road one or two wheels is gonna catch the bumps.

I thought it was just me. A couple of times I went a little airborne! Seems very shaky on rough roads here in So. Cal. There are many freeways in this area and unless you have the roads/freeways memorized for potholes, it's a crapshoot.

Hey,

Been waiting for accessories to arrive before I posted a pic but ain't happened yet. Sissy bar, backrest, armrests, wife, luggage rack and a dog carrier with a dog's head sticking out of it. Wife and dog I got.

(I did take my wife out for a spin the other day on that stock seat, she white knuckling the hand grips the whole time. She was underwhelmed.)

So use your imagination because I'm posting a pic of a trike you've see a million times.

So far all I have added is gas, insect protoplasm and dirt.

emskee

Attachments

• my FW medium.jpg
    my FW medium.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 290
Hey,

Been waiting for accessories to arrive before I posted a pic but ain't happened yet. Sissy bar, backrest, armrests, wife, luggage rack and a dog carrier with a dog's head sticking out of it. Wife and dog I got.

(I did take my wife out for a spin the other day on that stock seat, she white knuckling the hand grips the whole time. She was underwhelmed.)

So use your imagination because I'm posting a pic of a trike you've see a million times.

So far all I have added is gas, insect protoplasm and dirt.

emskee

She'll be happy once you put the sissy-bar on. I promise! My buddy's girlfriend says the difference is like night and day. She will actually ride with me instead of him on his Breakout.LOL

She'll be happy once you put the sissy-bar on. I promise! My buddy's girlfriend says the difference is like night and day. She will actually ride with me instead of him on his Breakout.LOL

Dropping off the bike tonight to get the luggage rack installed. While it's there, they'll be putting on the sissybar.

We'll be checking it out tomorrow!

Thanks!!

Boom.

Windshield, sissy bar with pad, luggage rack.

The wife and I went out and she was very pleased with the ride.

The windshield is the best for me. No more backache due to me hanging on like some action hero.​

Attachments

• new my FW small.jpg
    new my FW small.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 348
Changed setting On freewheeler

I'm 5'9 165 running 26lbs rear 36 lbs front 16l[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]bs Shocks.
[/FONT]Now I lowered my shock setting to 11 lbs and it is equally stable and more comfortable. It handles better because of less bounce back. You have to adjust on the low side of the chart in the manual for the freewheeler because the settings are for the Tri glide also- 200lbs bigger bike.

Try 20 - 22 psi in your rear tires for a much softer ride. I run 22 psi in my TriGlide - 38 psi shocks (2-up @ 300 lbs).

26 psi is the minimum listed pressure by the Tire & Rim Association for AUTOMOBILES. That's what Harley lawyers put in your manual to cover their butts.

Lehman trikes has a write up on this!

Shock pressures have a lot to do with your riding environment and weight. If you are bottoming out ... add more air.

Bob :Dorag:

freewheeler review

Purchased our 2015 Freewheeler vivid black in October 2014. We have put less than 500 miles on it due to an injury. I find the Freewheeler puts out an incredible amount of heat on the engines right side. Certainly do not want to wear shorts when riding. Considering on putting on a highway bar so I can extend my feet forward to escape the excessive heat. The trike ride is very smooth and has more than enough power. At highway speeds over 60 mph there seems to be a lot of wind even with the tall windshield. I can not imagine going on a long trip on a highway. The wind would beat me up. Not sure if this is something I will keep long term or possibly move toward the full size Triglide.

Re: Freewheeler Owners Check In Thread..

Thought I would bring this over here from H-D Forums.

Hey just thought I'd start a little thread for those who have purchased, and want to register here, their ownership of Harley's new Freewheeler model. Participation is up to you, I think it would be fun to see who has the lowest VIN number out there and what percentage are Vivid Black, Superior Blue, and Amber Whiskey. (Has anyone seen an Amber Whiskey in the wild yet?) Let's try to stay on topic of 1) Name (or forum name if you wish), 2) City or state you reside in, 3) Color, and 4) VIN number (last six digits only). I'll start below.
icon_pumpking.gif

icon_beerchug.gif

- - - Updated - - -

FLRT
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Superior Blue

View attachment 23311

- - - Updated - - -

2015 Freewheeler
Vivid Black
Winter Garden, Fl

I thought it was just me. A couple of times I went a little airborne! Seems very shaky on rough roads here in So. Cal. There are many freeways in this area and unless you have the roads/freeways memorized for potholes, it's a crapshoot.

Some owners lower the air pressure in the rear tires. That seems to smooth things out a bit. Not sure what the best numbers are for the Freewheeler but someone maybe will read this post and chime in.

problem with wind in your hair

Purchased our 2015 Freewheeler vivid black in October 2014. We have put less than 500 miles on it due to an injury. I find the Freewheeler puts out an incredible amount of heat on the engines right side. Certainly do not want to wear shorts when riding. Considering on putting on a highway bar so I can extend my feet forward to escape the excessive heat. The trike ride is very smooth and has more than enough power. At highway speeds over 60 mph there seems to be a lot of wind even with the tall windshield. I can not imagine going on a long trip on a highway. The wind would beat me up. Not sure if this is something I will keep long term or possibly move toward the full size Triglide.

just had a 4000 mile trip to Sturgis and back over all kinds of roads and yes some times over rought roads it jumps around like a bucking bull, what a rush.

The flrt is considered a performance trike. This is why it doesn't ride as smothe as the tri glide. It does out perform it on the curves. The DK comfort lift helps some.
Over all it is a good ride, fun for sure.
We took a short ride, 350 miles one way. The wind/noise was almost too much for my old ears

just had a 4000 mile trip to Sturgis and back over all kinds of roads and yes some times over rought roads it jumps around like a bucking bull, what a rush.

I originally was a little unhappy about the cornering and bucking over railroad tracks, potholes, and manhole covers, but our online friends told me to quit bitchin' (in a polite way) and put some miles on that FREEWHEELER. I followed that advice and have since deleted my mental memory of riding a 2-wheeled bagger and have NEVER had so much fun! I have been through mountain, coastal and some pretty rough terrain and once I became one with the FREE, I will never consider going back to 2-wheels. Besides, I'm too old.

Oh, and my wife loves the "no destination" rides!

Hello KCM!
We all experience the heat issue. It's an air-cooled Harley that runs hot. I purchased and installed some bushings that push my floorboards out away from the bike 3/4". It's amazing what that small distance does for the thigh heat. Harley and Kuryakyn also have mid-frame heat deflectors that also work very well. I also bought and installed a Lindby Magnumbar Highway Bar for my Freewheeler. It really helps. The Magnumbar is a little tricky to install, but I was able to "git er done", so anyone can. Some claim you need an adapter for the steering damper, but that's not necessary or the case. It's a straight bolt on. Hope this helps.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png