Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

getting on and off

I just purchased a black FLRT last week but as usual it was icy at the top of the pass I had to go over to get to the HD dealer through bf nowhere montana. I am having a bit of an issue getting on and off the bike / trike but am sure I will figure it out eventually . I do not have pictures yet but should have the bike in about 3 weeks. Its your basic black freewheeler and stage 1 .
just got my f/w (blk) 2 wks ago,and love it.sometimes I just step-up on the rear footboard and it's a piece of cake to sit down. try it see whatcha think.........

Been on Harleys of one kind or another since 1970. Harley air cooled engines are hot! There is one very easy way to keep from burning your legs..... MOVE THEM. I have seen people get on their trike and wrap their lags tightly around the gas tank, like you are riding a horse, then complain about their lets burning. They have removed the cat (UNDER your right foot) spent a grand on all new exhaust systems, changed the slip-ons, added a tuner, all in the name of heat reduction. MOVE YOUR FEET and legs, you won't get burned. Notice my siggy picture?? Yup, I'm wearing shorts and nary a burn or discolor on my legs. Ditto wife.

OR, drop a ton of money, either way RIDE THAT PUPPY, enjoy it, have fun with it, see the sights, smell the smells. Get sunburned when it is hot, get wet when it rains. Wear a jacket when it is cold. Get that wind in your face, bugs in your teeth. Let the neighbors know that you aren't too old to have fun on a motorcycle, even if it has 3 wheels.

Hey all! From Michigan

Just took delivery of a 2015 HD Freewheeler, Black - add ons detachable windshield, luggage rack, rear bumper, seat back, her name, "La Morena Mia" my little black woman...

I ride ice until it snows... I also have a 2014 cam am Spyder RTs, looking to sell...

1st big question: even with windshield, cold air hits me center mass in the chest. Any suggestions on improving wind suppression other than a fairing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 229
finding parts???

Just took delivery of a 2015 HD Freewheeler, Black - add ons detachable windshield, luggage rack, rear bumper, seat back, her name, "La Morena Mia" my little black woman...

I ride ice until it snows... I also have a 2014 cam am Spyder RTs, looking to sell...

1st big question: even with windshield, cold air hits me center mass in the chest. Any suggestions on improving wind suppression other than a fairing?
hey freewheeler,would love to find some of the acc's you have on your little black woman. you know of a cataloge or web site for these accessories? thanks for the post and any info.

Freewheeler accessories

hey freewheeler,would love to find some of the acc's you have on your little black woman. you know of a cataloge or web site for these accessories? thanks for the post and any info.

La Morena Mia, accessories She has, are, detachable windshield, adjustable backrest, rear luggage rack, and rear bumper. All Harley Davidson accessories, dealer installed. All are in the HD Catalog. If that helps...

Freewheeler vs Spyder

I'm NOT a Freewheeler owner . . . . yet.

My comments are an extension of the thread "2015 Freewheeler..... Am I the first???" of 9/03/2014. I'm currently selling my Lehman Raider trike on craigslist.org, and plan to buy a Freewheeler -OR- a BRP F3 this winter.

As we all know, the Freewheeler is out and at dealerships now, while in my market area (Philadelphia, PA) Spyder F3's will be available to test ride in mid-November.

I expect to test ride a Freewheeler at York PA Harley Davidson Open House 9/18~20, or one of the many local H-D dealerships on Saturday, 9/27 (I have 5 to chose from in this area) I'm also anxiously waiting for rider reports on the few Freewheelers in-the-wild (like Screwball :wave4:)

Then I have to wait until mid-November for an F3 test ride. It'll be like waiting for Christmas :D to arrive.

I have a Spyder 2014 RTs that is fantastic, I also just picked up a 2015 Freewheeler that I now have just under 500 miles. Going from the Spyder to the Freewheeler was dramatic. The FW is a harder ride, sooner or later I'll get the hang of it, learning how to adjust the air shocks for a better ride.

What he FW has that the Spyder doesn't is those throaty pipes...

I love the sporty ride of the FW, although the comfort features of the Spyder, mainly the windshield, needs to be on the FW. I purchased the detachable windshield, back support, bumper, however, small subtle changes were more beneficial to me, adding later, a right side foot guard ( I melted a boot on the pipes ) oh, the right side pushes more heat as the pipes are there, so adding the heat deflector moves and distributes the heat away from the crotch and leg, but still the heat is softer but still there.
Even with the windshield, air rushes from either side, and through the forks hitting your chest center mass, making cold rides requiring better ideas for cold riding gear. I wear ATTGATT, and a full face and 1/2 helmets but always with safety gear. I am looking to add additional lighting but neither Harley nor are there aftermarket light bars for passing lights, studying my options... I probably will sell the Spyder as I see me riding the FW more...

Bought mine the week of Thanksgiving. Picking it up today since the weather is better in this area. Icy rain is no fun to ride in.

TejasRanger (two high school friends were Texas Rangers (LEO's)) , but go by Tejas

Out in the country about 25 miles NE of Tulsa Oklahoma, originally from small town Texas 'tween Houston and Texas A&M

Amber Whiskey, see my avator

Tejas

New to Free (Not Three) wheeler

The Freewheeler is a great improvement for me over the 05 Ultra Classic/Lehmann trike I had. I think the Motor Co. should make the windscreen and rear Bumper/trunk protector standard. Took possesion mid Oct so have only done 600 miles or so but very happy so far. Like the Hot Rod look and Pep unified brakes a real plus.

Love the Freewheeler

We just added a Velocity Red FLRT to our stable. My wife rides a 2014 TriGlide and my primary ride is a Road King. The FW will be shared and it's a really fun ride. But since it's so much like my Road King (even a similar color) I'll need to be very aware of which one I'm riding, remembering to put my feet down or not!

Here's my wife Michele on the Wise County Toy Run. (Texas Thunder Magazine photo)

Michele Freewheeler copy.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Santa

20151212_144527.jpg

Santa did good this year...My first ride! She is getting her spa treatment today and will hopefully come home before Christmas with lots of shiny bling.

She's a 2016 Black Quartz.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png