Likes Likes:  197
Thanks Thanks:  21
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 351 to 360 of 360

Thread: Harley Freewheeler Trike Owners Thread

  1. #351
    13000+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    Gold Club Member
    Jack Klarich's Avatar
    User ID
    24367
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Jax, Fla USA
    Posts
    13,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyonaMission View Post
    If DK doesn't have everything you need, go to JP Cycles. If you enter your trike make and model you can search for things that fit.
    I can run to J& P to check stock for you, the Daytona store is 80 miles from me and I can make it there on a good day in under an hour
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 33years)
    Current ride : 2021 FREEWHEELER M8

  2. Love Jugs
  3. #352
    20+ Posts JTJersey's Avatar
    User ID
    32469
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Millville NJ USA
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Klarich View Post
    I can run to J& P to check stock for you, the Daytona store is 80 miles from me and I can make it there on a good day in under an hour
    That's awesome. If your out riding in the area and have the opportunity to talk to them let me know. Thanks.

  4. #353
    20+ Posts JTJersey's Avatar
    User ID
    32469
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Millville NJ USA
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Has anyone experienced any over heating issues with the Milwaukee 8 motor on their Freehweeler? Mostly as in getting stuck in a traffic jam on a hot day. I noticed that the oil cooler has a fan on it and was curious as to how well it worked. I got stuck on the Annapolis Bay Bridge on my Shovelhead years back and had to whiteline my way out of it or shut the bike down and push. Not an option with the Freewheeler.

  5. #354
    13000+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    Gold Club Member
    Jack Klarich's Avatar
    User ID
    24367
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Jax, Fla USA
    Posts
    13,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTJersey View Post
    Has anyone experienced any over heating issues with the Milwaukee 8 motor on their Freehweeler? Mostly as in getting stuck in a traffic jam on a hot day. I noticed that the oil cooler has a fan on it and was curious as to how well it worked. I got stuck on the Annapolis Bay Bridge on my Shovelhead years back and had to whiteline my way out of it or shut the bike down and push. Not an option with the Freewheeler.
    John, have a read here on how you can cool down your M8

    And yes, the M8 does run too hot for its own good

    https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/why...cl-tc-dn-2.htm
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 33years)
    Current ride : 2021 FREEWHEELER M8

  6. #355
    20+ Posts JTJersey's Avatar
    User ID
    32469
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Millville NJ USA
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Getting out and about more and more. Been taking her to lunch and then a quick blast up the freeway to get the feel at speed. More fun everyday. I can see why you all like these things.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G-21 Freewheeler-010.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	978.7 KB 
ID:	101056

  7. #356
    13000+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    Gold Club Member
    Jack Klarich's Avatar
    User ID
    24367
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Jax, Fla USA
    Posts
    13,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JTJersey View Post
    Getting out and about more and more. Been taking her to lunch and then a quick blast up the freeway to get the feel at speed. More fun everyday. I can see why you all like these things.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G-21 Freewheeler-010.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	978.7 KB 
ID:	101056
    I rode my first one a 2015 to Mn from Jax Fl and back. It was tons of fun

    The 17 M8 was better, the 21 M8 even better

    I played alot with the 15 and the 17 getting them to run better

    The 21 I am leaving alone, it flat out runs great and has huge passing power
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 33years)
    Current ride : 2021 FREEWHEELER M8

  8. #357
    20+ Posts JTJersey's Avatar
    User ID
    32469
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Millville NJ USA
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Klarich View Post
    The 21 I am leaving alone, it flat out runs great and has huge passing power
    I can feel it. The only bike I've ever owned that felt like this 114 Freewheeler was my 2011 Triumph Thunderbird Storm. That was 1700cc on two wheels and would easily leave crotch rockets on the line. Guys I rode with compared it to the Enterprise entering warp drive when I punched the throttle. This Freewheeler reminds me strongly of that feel. I'm still in break-in period so I don't want to push it too much yet, but I can tell this thing is going to have all the performance I want. That's my Storm next to my '78 Lowrider that I bought new in '78. I tagged it historic

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E-11 Thunderbird Storm-010.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	921.1 KB 
ID:	101070

  9. #358
    1+ Posts
    User ID
    32527
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Wichita
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hello from Wichita, Can's ass,

    I'm about a month away from taking possession of my new 2021 Freewheeler. I had a blue 2015 but I sold it to the insurance company. At that time I had no plans to replace it but I kept the backrests and custom seat that I installed just prior to the crash. I tried to sell the items but there was no interest so I had no other choice than to buy a new trike. Yeah, my wife didn't buy that either. The reason for my post is that I'm piecing together parts for auxiliary lights. I have read multiple posts that stated that the Road King light bar will fit on a Freewheeler. Health forced the sale of my machine shop so now I'm on a fixed income and I no longer have the ability to make square pegs fit in round holes. I'm struggling to say the least. I have located a new H-D auxiliary light kit for a FLHRSI which is Road King Custom with fuel injection but I need a little more assurance before I spend money and make my wife growl. Am I on the right track?

  10. #359
    13000+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    Gold Club Member
    Jack Klarich's Avatar
    User ID
    24367
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Jax, Fla USA
    Posts
    13,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Two Won't Do View Post
    Hello from Wichita, Can's ass,

    I'm about a month away from taking possession of my new 2021 Freewheeler. I had a blue 2015 but I sold it to the insurance company. At that time I had no plans to replace it but I kept the backrests and custom seat that I installed just prior to the crash. I tried to sell the items but there was no interest so I had no other choice than to buy a new trike. Yeah, my wife didn't buy that either. The reason for my post is that I'm piecing together parts for auxiliary lights. I have read multiple posts that stated that the Road King light bar will fit on a Freewheeler. Health forced the sale of my machine shop so now I'm on a fixed income and I no longer have the ability to make square pegs fit in round holes. I'm struggling to say the least. I have located a new H-D auxiliary light kit for a FLHRSI which is Road King Custom with fuel injection but I need a little more assurance before I spend money and make my wife growl. Am I on the right track?
    Hi Ron, Welcome to Trike Talk

    Have a look here

    https://www.triketalk.com/forum/thre...or-Freewheeler
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 33years)
    Current ride : 2021 FREEWHEELER M8

  11. #360
    1+ Posts
    User ID
    32527
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Wichita
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hello,

    Anybody wanting to add auxiliary lights to their Freewheeler can buy one of the last available new Road King kit on eBay or $180.00. Just search eBay for item number 133666752111. I have spoken with the seller and he assured me that the kit is complete. Had he been more prompt then I would have purchased it. The part number is 68862-04 and the price is $20.00 less than what I paid for mine. Read the documents in the pictures and it will tell you what the application is.

    As for the wiring I don't and won't hack a wiring harness so here is what I have found for the wiring and it's all taken from Harley-Davidson FLRT documents.

    The wiring schematic shows the running light power source to be circuit L4 on the ECM and the wire colors to be BE/BK (Blue/Black) I traced those wires to the six circuit connector at the headset bearings. Connecting the auxiliary lights can be as simple as inserting the two light wires into the furnished connector and plugging the connector into the#5 and #6 opening in the AMP 6 circuit connector. However, I will use two secondary connectors to allow for easy removal of a lamp bucket should one be damaged. The wiring schematic is very poor quality but you can read 'Front Running Light Power' with what appears to be a spelling typo. Using those circuits can handle the load of the auxiliary lights. Using circuit J3 color blue will guarantee a circuit overload. Also a Harley-Davidson dealer can set an ECM parameter that makes circuit L4 circuit active when bright lights are switched on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FLRT Running Light Power.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	337.9 KB 
ID:	101304  


Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Similar Threads

  1. 2015 freewheeler
    By 53servicar in forum Harley Freewheeler
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-03-2017, 10:50 AM
  2. 2015 Freewheeler
    By rap47 in forum Harley Trike Conversions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 09:07 PM
  3. 2015 Freewheeler..... Am I the first???
    By screwball in forum Harley Freewheeler
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 09:03 PM
  4. All you Harley owners with Champion kits and ABS
    By hank43 in forum Harley Trike Conversions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2014, 10:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •