Dee Snider's Ride to Fight Hunger on LI

Bikerbozo

Class Clown
Jun 9, 2010
Coram, NY USA
Nice ride on Sunday organized by Dee Snider of Twisted Sister fame for the organization founded by Harry Chapin. Was such a nice day and such a great charity that about 2000 showed up to ride. One pic with Dianne and Snider before he went up on stage to join a local band for a couple of songs. The ride was along the Atlantic shore from West of Jones Beach to Robert Moses Beach. Someone even had a professional level drone helicopter flying overhead before we left taking pics. Guess I will have to look around You Tube for that. Did some video of the ride also. Need to get it uploaded. Hell of a lot of trikes there also. One pictured in local paper.

Lots of Spyders. Could not find a single triker there who had heard of Trike Talk. Must all have heads in the sand along the beach.:qpnmt:

Cool pics of Dee & Diane! The guy hasn't changed that much in all these years.
Did he perform?

I hope you gave the trikers some TT cards...They don't know what they're missing. :D

Most at the Northeast rally felt that 10 or 12 trikes were too much to handle as a group ride, how did they ever manage 2000 people, were the first ones out coming back before the last one out left!!!

Yes, he did perform a little. The ride was actually about 45 miles round trip. The first couple of blocks were with traffic lights, then blockers and a couple of police blocked all beach and U-turns access along this Ocean Parkway. Only a couple of morons in 4-wheels dared to be stupid. When I get around to splicing the couple of videos I took while riding, you will see me go around a car that had pulled into the line. There was also I guy in front of me doing wheelies (to impress his girl riding next to him). I just stayed far enough back to avoid running him over. He even shot video holding his camera with his right hand and throttled with left hand crossed over.

Here's a couple of the short video's I took from a hand held strung together. Doesn't really show just how big this was. I was actually in maybe the first 200 bikes/trikes.

We had a dream ride here in Conn. Raised $1,000,100 for special Olympics. They split it into a few groups 300 to 400 riders in each. Total in the 1,000s ( didn't say but est 4,000 to 5,000)

Know this is an old post but, gotta ask, BikerBozo,,,,Did the Good Rats play at this? Was a welcome sight to see what looks like the Jones Beach water tower in one of the pics.

Oh yeah,,,,I'm a displaced Islander,,,grew up in N. Massapequa & went to school in Farmingdale.

No Good Rats. Local small band. Forgetting their name. Very good. Snyder jumped up on stage for a couple tunes also. Ride was along whole length of Ocean Pkwy. Did pass Jones Beach and turned around at Robert Moses tower. Someone was flying a drone overhead in parking lot. I assume there are some video's from that by now. I'll remember to look one of these days.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png