Another Harley clutch recall 9/8/14

Aug 10, 2013
Northford
Harley has issued another recall for the Hyd. clutch on 9/8/14. There is no info on the web site other than there is one. From HD forums Master Cylinder for clutch is the problem. Something happens that causes the clutch not to release and stay engaged. Parts will be shipped to dealers on 9/15. It is not a do not ride recall. To check yours go to HD web site Owners lower left recall information put in your vin# to see if you are in the recall. Ours was delivered a year ago and it is listed on the recall have 9,000 miles with no problem. Most dealers that were contacted know about it and are waiting for the parts. Of course a few were clueless blaming it on internet rumors.

Ha!!!! Internet rumors. Every time I say anything to dealer, they blame it on internet rumors.
That said, I can't say what years are affected, but my '10 TG is not according to HD recall website based on VIN (knock on my head).

Sorry recall is 2014 & 2015 manufactured up until 9/8/14. We have a 2014 Tri Glide delivered Sept, 2013 and our vin # is listed on the recall list.

My 2014 with 200 miles is also included, I called dealer this morning, he said bike should not be used, it could continue to move forward with clutch disengaged when in gear causing an accident. Parts will not be available until next week. Appears I'm grounded until then.

We have 9,000 miles and the clutch works fine no problems. I will continue to ride, this is the best part of the riding season on the East Coast. If it is like last time they will do the new bikes on the floor first then then work their way down the list. We got one of the first 2014 Trikes delivered at our dealer so that would mean we would be one of the last to get repaired. Has not failed so far, should be good until when ever they get to it.

I read the bulletin at my Dealer yesterday. A tear may occur in the rubber sleeve of the master cylinder causing the clutch not to release. Supposedly..... You will basically be getting a master cylinder rebuild kit installed with a new sleeve made from a different type of rubber.

Bob :Dorag:

Just picked up my trike this afternoon at Dealers, they did the clutch master cylinder recall. Service man told me that the possibility of an air bubble forming will cause the clutch to not release, according to him, they had it happen ,didn't say what happened only said the trike was headed for a stone wall and wouldn't stop. Nice feeling to know mine is done.

Had my '14 TG in the dealer for another unrelated issue today, and they told me about the recall; just got the kits in this week. 30 minutes later I was on my way, safer!

I was at the dealer last night for the dealer ride and the service tech told me to bring my TG in tomorrow and he'll install it immediately. It pays to be on the good side of the service department. I guess all the donuts I gave them for great service paid off. They always put me up front or squeeze me in whenever possible.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png