From Harrogate Yorkshire to San Diego

Sep 12, 2014
San Diego
I have been on another forum and saw about this place... and now I have a '14 HD Tri-glide I decided to join up.

I have been riding bikes in England since '74 and I owned a DT175, CB250 K4 Yamaha 250 and my first big bike a Z650 Kawasaki. Then I discovered Italian bikes, first it was a Laverda 1000 then another Z550 and another Laverda and then I bought a Ducati 900ss and my last one was a 748. Both reliable!

I was enjoying Ducati ownership (and the social that went with it) until '06 when an idiot in a Range Rover decided to pull out an t bone me and I ended up losing my left leg above the knee.

In Aug '11 I met a lovely woman who became my wife in January this year and I am now a permanent resident and in 3 years time citizenship.

End of March El Cajon Harley sold us a new '14 Trike and as I can't hold up a 500lb+ 2 wheel bike with a dodgy knee, it had to be 3 wheels.

I have had to have a Kliktronic fitted so I can change gears. It is brilliant and works well.

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

The handle is so I can get it into neutral easily

Now I have had a stage one, Fullsac x pipe and S&S a/c and Street Cannons fitted.
Next I have to sort the seat! If Harley can't fit a comfy stock seat I sure as hell ain't going to give them more money for a better one.
So far a recover is favourite choice or it might have to be a Road Zeppelin
All the Ducati bikes had a Sargent seat fitted and I personally tested the seat on the 748 for 800+ miles in a day and the only part of me that didn't ache was my bum!

I have always liked Harleys ever since one of my mates had a XLCR in the late 70's and I was very close to buying one as well, but the lure of a Laverda was stronger.

I have only done over 1k miles and it is great to be out on a bike/trike again. It takes a bit of getting used to riding in a t shirt, because in England and Europe I would always have full leathers on.

IMG_0378.jpg

Welcome to Trike Talk.:wave4: I hope you enjoy your new TG. I was with the US Air Force stationed in Germany and sent to Harrogate and Menwith Hill on a special project back in February 1971 thru July 1971. Did a lot of sight seeing and golfing during that time and really enjoyed it.

Merlot and Black 2011 TG, Stage 1, cat removed, CVO mufflers, lift kit, LED headlight and spots, LED tailights and Bling!

A lot of us ride in full leathers here too, tho now with the new textile clothing becoming safer and cooler in the hot weather you see a lot of that too. Welcome to the forum. I love what you have done to your Trike. Come join us next week in Cedar City Utah for the III annual Western TT/TOI rally.

Thank you for the warm and friendly welcome... I lived in Harrogate for around 35 years and I worked at Menwith hill in the late eighties and was there working when Pan-Am 103 came down. I had some good friends but they were very coy about what they did.

It's so warm here at the moment and riding in protective clothing (although sensible) it get's so warm for me and being an Englishman who still wears T-shirts in the winter here because it takes some getting used to.

The next on the list is to change the indicators and tail lights for LED's....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png