Anyone else?

Made some trouble shooting progress today.

I did recieve a module from an internet friend.

But nope that was not the problem.

I tryed a few more things and still no joy.

So I built the test rig.

20170529_120646-298x530_zps7elwyhyv.jpg

Once I could put a steady input into the system it became clear I had a power supply problem.

Yep.... a wiring issue. The fuel pump relay was powering down the coil pack.

I am going to have to add another relay to seperate some of the sub systems.

No biggie really. But now to get all the electrical back together and squeeze another relay in somewhere.

Yhen back to proofing out the next piece.

Ok......so the wire harness is all soldered back together where I cut it up chasing the problem.

Then moved a couple things and a couple modifications. All to make it boot in a different order. The ford ignition module has to boot first so the computer sees it when it boots. Otherwise the computer thinks it is missing or bad and then shuts down the engine relay.

Now to put the harness back on the scooter.

Ahhhh the joys of mix and match parts......

lookin good!

impressive setup.....lotsa stuff in a small package. couple of questions? assuming edis is red/white sticker, what is the larger black box near the relay bank, and where are the injector drivers located? are the injectors timed and batch fired? i suppose relays for fuel pump, ign. and injector drive power are12v pos. then computer grounds inj. and coil driver circuits . sorry for all the ?? but very interesting!

That is the fuse box and relays on a bracket.

20170607_183459_zpsrgywcpbu.jpg

This is the edis mounted on the megasquirt box.

20150530_215526_zpsaikwaj9p.jpg

The coil drivers are on the board in the box.

Two drivers. Two banks. Two o2. Two tables.

One driver batching 1 and 3.

The other batching 2 and 4.

20150405_164249_zpsrzms7i2e.jpg

thanks

wow! there is a lot of electrical/electronics stuffed in that bay. have been looking u-tube on miata/mega squirt installation and tuning.....some on using an auto tune program and some without. starting to understand basics. this should be vastly superior to a carbed setup. just getting away from long/cold intake runners will improve drivability. anyhow thanks for the info, and good luck with the tune!

Yep.

Vw starter that I cut in two and put back together with the solenoid turned in.

Ford truck fuel pump.

Computer.

Ford edis module.

Honda fuse box.

Industrial relay bank.

Clutch linkage.

Ignition switch.

Shifter rod passes through there.

Brake line crosses over right there also.

Exhaust pipe passes through right under all that.

Poster board mock up of gas tank.

Sorta....mehhhh...whatever.

Not real excited about it. Now I remember why I made the other tank so wide and big. But then again I am trying for more of a hot rod chopper look instead of cruiser look.

20170617_112604_zpsfch5tsel.jpg

20170617_114736_zpshthjnfzs.jpg

20170617_114805_zpsm5jnow4h.jpg

But it will look totally different plastered with the advertising stickers that came with various parts.

20170617_115908_zps4pxawblu.jpg

Doesn't look too bad IMO. Sort of a modified coffin style...?

Capacity might be a concern, depending on your riding style, but it's fuel injection setup should help on MPG?

Are you planning on fiberglas, or some type of metal for it?

I am gonna let it sink in for day.

I already am thinking of a couple different lines from the seat to the top that might make it what I want it to be.

And...

Stainless steel of course. Bare unpainted.

The backbone of this thing is long. The old tank held 8 gallons. But that is the first thing everyone said about it....."dang...thats a big tank".....

I was like.....well its a dang car engine in a motorcyle waddaya expect?

But still I did not have capacity problems and I do want something sporty, hot roddy

Rex,

You are a truly demented person. Great build!! :clapping:

Couple of thoughts.

The rest of the lines of your trike are smooth and round. Front and rear fender lines are round, seat has rounded curves, etc. An angular tank doesn't seem to blend in to the overall design. How's your English wheel or hammer and sand bag skills?

Maybe you could add a non-functional front section to the tank (angular or rounded) ala Roth or early Stires trike to give a forward motion to the tank.

SNUSNUtrike02.jpg

Just my $ .02.

Yeah.....I just dont have a wheel.

Was thinking flats would work this time around.

I dunno..... still figuring it out.

The old tank was a buncha smaller flats with bondo smoothing it out.

5289483646_c0f4687edc_o-1_zpskh63gi17.jpg

like that dirtbike tank

this last tank gots more attitude, and is leaner looking than the stealth tank......if you go with the stealth i would taper the front of the tank to blend into the neck.ie the top square would become triangular narrowing as it approached the neck... just my .02

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png