Anyone else?

One little piece at a time.

Mount for the ford crank trigger.

Put some left over valve cover nuts on the case studs.

Handy place near the pulley.

20150530_133051_zpseiuao7bg.jpg

Whittled out a bracket.

20150530_141623_zpsswoh1wv7.jpg

Mocked up. Gotta get the hardware for it yet.

Then to establish the degree relationship of the missing tooth stator wheel.

20150530_141610_zpsioq48blb.jpg

So this is the Mustang idle air valve.

An older 2 wire on off unit from before steppers.

I am gonna pulse width modulate this and control idle speed with my computer box. This is the reasoning behind the modifications to the motorcycle throttle bodies.

20141203_162105_zpsc07y0ukw.jpg

Made a simple manifold for it.

20150418_101934_zpskoi2dtxn.jpg

Now that I have what all I think I need....

Where do I put it?

Though of out on one of the manifolds.

Ugly but simple and functional.

Just don't have much space and already have to hide a computer and big fuel pump.

20150418_102036_zps2wuw0tzo.jpg

Anyone Else?

I love your definition of "simple" for the manifold. As for the megasquirt, after you work out all your mappings, etc. you can always go to the microsquirt version. It's smaller, sealed, and designed for motorcycle applications. An assembled and tested, though used megasquirt should have some value on ebay or CL.

I still call it simple, in comparison to other things I do.
But anyway...

Yeah I would like to have a micro.
A buddy had the 2.2 board and the Motorola chip laying around from an unassembled kit that was give to him unassembled. All the small parts were missing but it was a freebie. I bought all the parts for the board from digikey key for under 20 bucks.
It is my first non bought controller. It seems to work even with the mods. So at a 20 dollar expense I am gonna give it a try.

Not to digress from a great build discussion but your question about Earl brings up the story of how I got the engine for my trike. A couple of years ago I was at the Eureka Springs VW show and the Tulsa VW club was raffling off a complete 1600 engine with about $2,000 worth of shiny billet and chrome accessories on top of a fresh engine. The proceeds of the raffle went to the Shriner's hospital in Tulsa.

The tickets were 1@$2, 3@$5, and 6@$10. I went over and told the lady selling the tickets to give me $5 worth. She took my money and gave me 6 tickets. Well ....... the two little guys jumped up on my shoulders saying "Wow, you got a freebie! Keep the tickets!" and "This isn't right. The raffle is for charity." I actually thought about Earl and Karma and tore the tickets in half and returned 3.

Later that night I got a call. I had won the engine!

Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.

Well played sir. Much respect.

Don't worry about getting off topic. I am about as scatter brained as it gets.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png