Anyone else?

Making some add on fins for the heads.

Any extra cooling is a plus.

Also wanting to disguise the engine. A lot if folks don't know what it is. Would like to fool a few more.

20150518_174437_zpst1thizac.jpg

I made these exhaust flange fin rings a while back.

An old school mototorcycle look.

20121106_164637_zpsaobbyoeb.jpg

Any other ideas to make it appear different/less identifiable?

I did do that. I want to vent different and I drilled holes in those.

I searched and searched for something really different for covers. Did find a set of old AeroVee *airplane covers and tryed to get them. But they sold for way too much money.

In the end I got another set of cheap no name covers.

But i sure thought it would be neeto for someone to say "I dunno, look that name up" and come up with an airplane site......lol....still makes me giggle.

There they are.

20141114_175826_zps40eetbov.jpg

I did do that. I want to vent different and I drilled holes in those.

I searched and searched for something really different for covers. Did find a set of old AeroVee *airplane covers and tryed to get them. But they sold for way too much money.

In the end I got another set of cheap no name covers.

But i sure thought it would be neeto for someone to say "I dunno look that name up" and come up with an airplane site......lol....still makes me giggle.

There they are.

:D That is the same set I purchased a couple of months ago man. Look pretty good. Now, before explaining one thing I just want to say

I did get "Fire In The Hole" Saturday!!! Run the cam in, drained the oil, changed filter, and took that puppy for a quick scoot yesterday.........And all thanks to you my friend for shipping them awesome rockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Came up behind a pickup doing about 50 on the highway. Waited until I had the opening and hammered it, went around the pickup, looked down and was doing a hundred.....:laugh:

10 fold better than the original 1641 that was in it.

Now on the subject of them valve covers; I found that at least 2 of the bolts bottomed out on the top of the rocker studs and didn't tighten down enough, of course causing an oil leak. Be sure to check the length of the bolts Rex. I ended up cutting about .030 off the ends of the bolts which seemed to be plenty. Didn't crush the included O'ring and still sealed up good.

Stinger,
Good news! !! Happy for ya.
At least one of us is back in the wind.

I wonder how peppy the fk10 will be.....
The lobe lift is fairly low. That is why I had to change to 1.4 rockers.

FuzzyWuzHe.
It may be.... or maybe a motoguzzi. Don't know can't be sure, a vw ain't supposed to be in front like that.

Yeah....I looked at a lot of stuff like that on the samba classifieds. Maybe not that specific one. They wanted in the 200 dollar range for anything unusual. Those porch *covers up there were 200 also. I got the cheap bolt ons, unless something shows up on ebay, then they are gonna be it.

I dunno if I wanna put snu snu on a cover. Watch the vid in my other thread to see where that name came from.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the mock up.

Just had to see what it is looking like.

20150519_182241_zpsoatwk8wi.jpg

20150519_182150_zpsvq56hblg.jpg

A few know my name ... they might get the tag on the filter lid. Still not confident about it. Was gonna be just SupeRex.

20150422_183427_zps6ayccmlf.jpg

Not much.

Has been a lot of work lately.

I did the fins and temp sensor mount for the other head.

Drilled and tapped a couple fitting holes for the idle air.

20150521_174557_zpsq7fbdams.jpg

Worked late yesterday.
Today was a a hang out with the kids day.
Nothing done with the trike.
Gotta pick another detail and focus on it for a while.

So I am working on details.

Next up is idle air. I have the big motorcycle throttle bodies and a Ford Mustang air valve. I have the controller built and can pwm the air valve. So now working up just how to hook a Ford air valve to motorcycle throttle bodies on a vw engine.

Looking at the bodies and wondering why they have no adjustments for idle air.

Then start wondering what this boss is ....

20150528_181114_zpsmuwoqlof.jpg

So....

Why not drill a hole in it?

20150528_181942_zpskn1vdu9u.jpg

Thread it.

20150528_182207_zps3o91clza.jpg

Put a screw in it and hive it a pull.

20150528_182225_zps0jrt4om3.jpg

Guess what's in there?

An idle air adjustment needle.

Dang things where not meant to be adjusted on. Non serviceable, or so they thought. They put a pressed in plug over the screw to stop me.....lol

20150528_181653_zpsbt0ghxvo.jpg

Pulled all 4.

Drilled and tapped 2 of the ports for tubing fittings.

Going to have tubing from the ford air valve into each throttle body. And it is adjustable.

20150528_185029_zpssab3uyyv.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png